"THE RACE" October 29 in Morrison IL

tat

#41 Post by tat »

Great coverage and **** good pics guys. Sorry to hear about the frame. At least it was the bike and not the rider.

Rx440

#42 Post by Rx440 »

XCDale finished 8th in B class. Not bad considering that he has only been on his quad twice since classes started in August.

Unfortunately I gave the poorest performance of the day, taking a DNF in C class. I hit a stump hard with the left front wheel in the woods and jammed my shoulder. Rode on for a while, but finally decided it wasn't worth the pain. I guess I've become much more conservative in my old age.

Anyway, congrats to Haydug, Cannondale27 and XCDale for their excellent finishes. I know Gus would have finished in great shape since he knows the course far better than any of the rest of us. I'm just grateful that he was able to walk away from his accident with no apparent harm to himself. And of course congratulations to his son on a great finish in the kids' class. Way to go Augustus! :clap:

XCDale

#43 Post by XCDale »

I had a blast at "The Race" It was great to meet some of the members. Great pics wanablaze!

I would have to say that this was the hardest race that I have ever done. The whoops seemed like they were never going to end in some spots. The rikety bridge shown in some of the first pictures scarred the crap out of me. It slowed me down to a first gear crawl. All I could think about was falling in. Other than that I loved the course, as rough as it was. It was awesome to just crack the Dale wide open (no pun intended Gus rolleyes.gif ) in the peat feilds and motor on by other quads.

Sorry to see what happened to you Gus. The good thing is that you walked away. Just think, now you have a nice winter project on your hands.

Congrats to Haydug, and Cannondale27 on your finishes!

wanablaze

#44 Post by wanablaze »

Good to meet some of you guys. Had a great time. Hope to run it next year.

Doug had a mysterical stall with the Kawi, but he came out of the creek so fast I almost didn't get him in the picture. smile.gif

Congrats, guys!

haydug

#45 Post by haydug »

I had a great time! Gus: Thanks for the shower! Much appreciated.
Nice to see and meet all of you. Next year, we'll have to have wanablaze on the starting line.

I found my stalling problem, dirt in the floatbowl. :cry: Not sure how it got around or through the filter, but even the intake side of the carb was covered with dirt. Amazingly, it doesn't seem to have gotten to the motor.
I also stayed around on Sunday and rode the bike. Let me tell you the quad course was cake compared to that. I hope I don't see another log in awhile!! I ended up 3rd in 200"A" on Sunday, and 5th in quad "pro" on Saturday. Not quite the finishes I was looking for, but after my many stops in the woods and fields, not to bad.

See ya next year. :usa

dalewannbe

#46 Post by dalewannbe »

http://www.photobyjohn.com/photo.htm

There maybe some pictures of you racers at the link above. Find the pictures for The Race!

haydug

#47 Post by haydug »

smile.gif

haydug

#48 Post by haydug »

One of a log crossing on the bike

haydug

#49 Post by haydug »

up and over!

haydug

#50 Post by haydug »

Just don't miss!! :cry: