Last race before the tear-down

tat

Last race before the tear-down

#1 Post by tat »

I dont know about the rest of the country, but Milton, WV was nice and cool (60 degrees), with some sun. Anyway, the 1st moto was a disaster, I didnt check the start line figuring it was the same as before, WRONG, it was about 50ft shorter. So I blew it and stalled right in the middle of the turn. Playing catch-up is a good workout though. 2 laps into it I was back up with the front 2 guys. Then bang, the guy in second thought I was a little to close and decides to really clear this double, well he cleared it alright and about 10 extra feet. Well after he bounced himself of the seat and bars, 2nd was mine. Time to cruise now. This track the 1st moto is for gate pic only. 2nd moto I remembered where the turn started. It was off to the races this time. The guy who was running 2nd is a good friend of mine and runs a Yammie punched out to 470-480 something. He still didnt have enough for the old pitiful, rundown, pile of junk DALE. We had a good clean, fun race. It is amazing that this thing still runs as good as it does. I really hate to tear it down. But after the past 3 years of being run hard and put up wet, I think the ol girl needs some new internal make-up. Lord knows it has had its fair share of cosmetic surgery. If there are any doubts about a Cannondale not being a front runner or reliable, just tell them to stop by my house for a little dose of medicine, CANNONDALE flavor.

z400m1x

#2 Post by z400m1x »

Yeah i was there and he kicked A$$!