Pictures form this past weekend's moto x race

dalewannbe

#1 Post by dalewannbe »

Little event at my local promoters place. It was the debut of my stroker since breaking the frame and case last October. People at ???????The Race??????? would recognize this track. It????????s a nice little laid back race that gives me an opportunity to ride.

The stroker quad was finally together and ready for its first test. I had to pull the internal parts from the broken case and put them in a new case. So I didn????????t know if the motor would even start, let alone stay running. The motor remarkably start on the 2nd or 3rd tap of the button. Wow, I put everything back together and time to see what would happen.

Heat one, I pull the holeshot, get passed in the whoops around lap 3, quad dies on lap 4. Quad started misfiring and then just died. It would turn over, just wouldn????????t start. I figured the fact that it was turning over was a good sign. I push it back to the trailer and pull out old faithful.
Heat two, I????????m second behind a 450r to the first corner. I get pass him on lap 2 and take the win.

I believe my problem with my stroker is the crank position sensor connector wasn????????t tight. Part of the plastic that holds the clip is broken so I tried zip tying it together and it worked its self apart. I pushed the connector together and the quad fired right up.

I had hoped to run the stroker in this weekend????????s Moose Run Race, but will resort to old faithful. Old faithful will be getting a new steering stem bearing if it arrives in time. My stroker steers effortlessly, where I have to muscle old faithful. I????????m not looking forward to muscling a quad for 1.5 to 2 hours in a course with a lot of switchbacks and turns.

I will be contacting my shock person too, I have another set of blown shocks. Why am I loosing my seals on my shocks???????..maybe my compression is too soft?

another pic

another pic

another pic

another

old faithful

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool!Give me a call about shocks.

theJeStEr1340

#4 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Which shocks are blowing? Front or rear?my rear ohlisn blew from the bleed hole on top a few times. Derisi just got a new screw and o-ring and that seems to have fixed it.

dalewannbe

#5 Post by dalewannbe »

QUOTE (theJeStEr1340 @ Jun 28 2006, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which shocks are blowing? Front or rear?my rear ohlisn blew from the bleed hole on top a few times. Derisi just got a new screw and o-ring and that seems to have fixed it.

I blew both the front and the rears. I'm guessing my compression is set too soft for the motocross/jumping stuff. At one xc race, it was on a motocross track with huge jumps. I think I tried jumping too high on them. My rear rims were bent to holy heck after that race.

When I know I'm going to be jumping, I'm stiffing up my compression now....hopefully that will help.

On your rear shock, 27, suggested using a punch near that screw to keep it from coming loose.