Quadlympics 6/4 MX Chilton Wi

UpsMan

#1 Post by UpsMan »

I raced my ATK450 in the Senior class. I didn't really want to do it, but my wife talked me into it. Chilton has pretty big jumps, and I have to work for a living, and I'm old, I have lots of excuses. But anyway, I signed up and let her rip. Moto 1, I end up fifth at the first turn, so I think this should be alright, I can start working my way up no problem. Well, I killed the mofo on my first pass attempt in a corner, and it took a lot longer to start than I want it too. I'm going to have to do some tweeking. I did turn the idle up as some have suggested. That was the only stall I had all day. I caught the guy ahead of me and made two good pass attempts and then ran out of time. Settled for a fifth out of seven, but it was really fun. Quad was handling great and it sure was fun trying to catch someone and put some moves on them.
Moto 2-Only six of us come to the gate for the second moto. I'm happy for the small number, that makes the holeshot safer. At the first turn I'm fourth. Feeling great. After the first couple of jumps, the guys were pulling away. I was surprised how fast these guys were going. I caught up to them by the end of the first lap. I started feeling real comfortable. Then, just after a corner the two leaders were tangled up! Sweet! Now I'm in second. That was easy. The guy in front of me now is Kenny Marcou of National TT fame. He is on a new Suzuki. I followed him around for I think a half a lap or maybe 1 and a half laps, I don't know, it all happens so fast. I managed to put a pass on him in a turn, if you can believe that, he can really corner. I thought it would be easy to stay in front now, but it wasn't. He came back on the next table top and almost passed me. He flew way further than me, but I was on the gas hard and we got to the next corner side by side. I had the inside line, so I kind of ran him up the berm a little bit. After that I didn't get too much pressure. Ended up with my first moto win since last October. I went 5-1 for a 3rd overall....
The ATK ran great. No problems at all except I wish it would have started faster when I killed it.
I was the only Atk/cannondale there out of about 200 entries.
There were a couple site members racing cannondales on 6/3 at Chilton in the Flat Track and TT event . They better post a race report or I will. smile.gif

iceracer17

#2 Post by iceracer17 »

First off,I would like to thank upsman and chuck wachs for letting me run my old quad in the short track.
I ran senior class with the timbo stock bore stroker with the mc500.Heat race i find out there was only 3 of us.Bummer! One a 480r ridden by the head engine builder at max power and the other a yfz.The guy on the 480 actually raced with me back when i took the ice championship back in 02' on a stock dale.He had the nerve to ask if this was the same quad.LOL.(must not know me 2 well)
The track was very dry and slick, just ask steve! The 480 pulled the holeshot with me on his heels the whole race.Ended up losing by a half a quad length.The yfz was 3/4 of a lap behind.
Feature race i pulled a good holeshot but he got a nose on my inside by the corner.He pulled away a bit but by the last lap i was finally getting comfortable and tried to pass in the last corner which i then ended up pushing out to the marbles.
2nd overall in shorttrack.
I am now kicking myself for not taking upsman up on using his quad for the tt the track was rough and everyone used their mx setups which i don't have, i might have had a decent overall for the weekend.
Timbo motor ran awsome with the toaster exhaust:)

I also heard that the old girl may be for sale:(

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

Shhh, genius at work.

iceracer17 closing in

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Race report:I tried running with the A-class guys for the money and pretty much got my butt kicked on the oval and TT!Did have fun though.Even spun out and got to go backward in fourth gear on oval.

iceracer17

#5 Post by iceracer17 »

Here's their idea of a tt track with steve hard at work.