Fox Valley Series - Race #2

dalewannbe

#1 Post by dalewannbe »

Mama said there would be days like this. It was just me racing so I didn????????t have to get the kids ready so I woke up and headed out the door. I arrived at the park with plenty of time to spare. Did a bunch of b.s.ing.

I was running different rims and tires than I run here in the past. My other set were all banged up from a previous and they weren????????t holding air.

We line up, seven us on my line. The hat drops I????????m third into the woods. I definitely could tell a difference in how my quad was handling.with the different rear tires and rims. I wasn????????t sliding around the corners like normal. I was still running close to first and second. We come up on a rider stuck on a log, so I was right with 1st and 2nd. I get hung up on the log a little and 1st and 2nd get a little separation. The rider pulls over for 1st and 2nd and didn????????t see me coming. I tried to get around the rider but he catches me so we get tangled up. We free ourselves and I take off after 1st and 2nd. The trail is at the top of this hill which we descend and then head to the motocross section. I decide to try and head down the hill faster than normal to have momentum for the motocross track. That was my mistake. The trail had a couple that we had to avoid and I didn????????t avoid one of them. The rear tires I was running, trail tech II????????s, just had zero stoping power. My rear end slide all over the place. So as I was on the brakes trying to avoid this tree, my rear end just slide right into it, causing me to roll it on the hill side. Luckily the quad rested on me and maybe a tree and didn????????t roll down the hill. I was dazed for a few moments but eventually freed myself and flipped the quad upright. I took off down the hill and get to the motocross section. I head over a couple jumps and noticed my seat is loose. I pull over to fix that. The seat came off 4 more times during the race. Needless to say it wasn????????t my best race. I was just one of those days. I????????ll be straightening out my rims and running my other set of tires for the next Fox Valley race. I ended up last in my class. It was just one of those days. I????????ll probably start duct taping my seat to the rear fenders as well, now that I????????ve lost both of the screws that hold the seat down. I'm a little sore from the rollover with a couple bruises but nothing serious, I'll be anxiously awaiting for the next race to hopefully have a better finish.

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

Sounds like fun. Too bad you didn't get to take a plaque or trophy home. Glad to hear that you didn't get hurt on the roll.

Rx440

#3 Post by Rx440 »

Glad you ended up being OK, Gus. Tom (XCDale) said he saw you upside down on the hill. Round 3 at Fox Valley will surely be better for you. I'll be running in your class at that one, so I'll see what I can do to hold down last place for you......LOL! Anyway, what happened to Augustus - why didn't he race this one?

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes glad you didnt get hurt.You will get em next time!

Haydug Jr.

#5 Post by Haydug Jr. »

glad to hear you're OK! smile.gif

dalewannbe

#6 Post by dalewannbe »

QUOTE (Rx440 @ Jun 23 2006, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad you ended up being OK, Gus. Tom (XCDale) said he saw you upside down on the hill. Round 3 at Fox Valley will surely be better for you. I'll be running in your class at that one, so I'll see what I can do to hold down last place for you......LOL! Anyway, what happened to Augustus - why didn't he race this one?

Too much going on with the house. Michelle didn't want to spend the day race. I hope to make the next race, but we will just be getting back from vacation so we'll see. .

I hope to have a better showing next time

theJeStEr1340

#7 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

get a 13mm Nut and bolt. Put the bolt through the center hole and then scre the nut on it, then screw the bolt into your seat, works great.