pictures from the 7/1/06 motocross at the Bike Barn

dalewannbe

#1 Post by dalewannbe »

Here' s me pulling the holeshot in the 2nd moto on a zuki 450 ltr.

This is my stroker motor.

I ended up 2nd, the zuki was leading by killed it in a corner. Me and 400ex setup for motocross got around him. The 400ex got first, with me behind him. My quad is setup for xc as you can see in some of the pictures, I'm kinda tippy in the corners. I was pleased with my performance as well as the quad's. The stroker passed its first test after failing last motocross race. The crank senor came loose, fixed it and the quad ran great.

Its ready for an hour xc race test now!

pic

pic

pic

pic

pic

pic

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool!Pics are awesome.I really like the holeshot one where your in front of LT and YFZ.Frame it its a keeper.

dalewannbe

#3 Post by dalewannbe »

The ltr had a pipe and everything else the kid could do without tearing into the motor.

It was loud as heck.

I took it for a test spin in the grass. Great throttle response, real smooth power, kinda felt like my stroker with its timid map. It had great stopping power, and I liked the seat.

I would take one if someone gave me onem but won't be getting rid of the dale for one anytime soon.

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

You need to get that rear shock a lil lower. Will help in the tippyness department.

Good work!

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

I love the guy on the LT450R's riding outfit. What brand riding clothes? Jethro Bodeen? biggrin.gif

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Shorts and a Tank top. Man that has got to be rough when getting pelted by dirt!

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Jul 5 2006, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shorts and a Tank top. Man that has got to be rough when getting pelted by dirt!

I would say that guy is dumber than dirt, but I don't think Dirt would be too happy!!! And besides he definitely looks way better racing than that guy!!!!!

blink.gif

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jul 5 2006, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say that guy is dumber than dirt, but I don't think Dirt would be too happy!!! And besides he definitely looks way better racing than that guy!!!!!

blink.gif

I guess thats what we get now that companies are building out of the box racers. Its great! Now ANYONE can go and compete. Even if that means their not really ready to race.

dalewannbe

#9 Post by dalewannbe »

Derno, my rear shock is zps???????? and does sit pretty low so that isn????????t the problem. Running 22 inch front tires and having my front shocks set really stiff is more the problem. But, again, I was more concerned about the quad running good and finishing the race. I????????ll try to get better setup for the next race.

Regarding clothing and gear. My promoter is an ???????outlaw??????? meaning he is not AMA. He makes his own rules, so you can wear whatever you want too. I????????ve seen people race cross country without shirts on. The kid on the ltr is a real good rider. It was close to 90 that day so he wanted as little clothes as possible on.

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

Haspin Acres is an outlaw series too. It sort of the same thing. You get a few riders in jeans and workboots.