6Hours ATV America WI round

cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Congratulations to Chuck Wachs,Roger Brown(UPS Man) and Kenny Marceau who got 2nd in 30plus and 10th overall on a R&D team ATK.
Chuck worked his butt off all week to put on this event.Sadly only 18 teams of 3 attended.Will have to get more next year for sure.Either way the 5mi course was awesome.Used entire MX track and plenty of woods.Was supposed to be 8ft wide but I believe some areas were much tighter and all areas became hugely rutted and whooped.95deg at one point in day.Their quad ran great and only took gas and one desperatly needed airfilter change.It was very dusty.Kenny who normally rides Suzuki and Yamaha seemed to really like the Cannondale oops I mean ATK!From what I saw thier team took a have fun attitude not out too kill themselves but still were flying especially in the fields and MX where thier wide setup didnt become a factor.
Chuck plans to get a knee operation done soon so the motor in this quad will get the top end tore down to inspect the Timbomoose CP piston.Believe it has about 20hrs on it.
I was Team Trailrider and thats exactly what I did the whole day as the only Ironman entrant.I will keep it short since it was on my YFZ which I got quite a bit of ribbing about but thats what I bought the YFZ for.Beater!It actually did quite well though.Worst that happened was pulling into the loam for the Pro guys who started to lap me I believe at that point.I got stuck in the loam that was on side of ruts.Then on same lap hit a tree on the downhill.Pulling quad out in both cases killed me that lap.I tried to run 3hrs without a break other than gas but only made 2.5 before I had to take a extended break for a bit of food,Airconditioning and a smoke smile.gif Took two more small breaks throughout remainder.Sure got my $50 worth of riding and really encourage more to get out there and run these.Heck they even had transponders for scoring.And its a great way to get some conditioning in.Believe me.
Cant remember the name of first place team but Wiese team who dalewannabe races with in OMA took second.Was some controversy over first place.Saw Wiese #47 quad close up at least four times when they passed me.Man were they flying!
Only have my one pic but more will be coming.Even though I was only one and was guaranteed win I sure felt I earned this one.Way too go guys!

azcannon

#2 Post by azcannon »

Well Done everyone

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

That was my first woods race, man what a thrill! We should be getting some pics up soon. The quad ran flawlessly all day long, and it was real hot and real dusty. Lots of tight first gear trails, some wide open field running where you could open it up, and then the mx track too. It was great. We do need to repack the muffler though. Before the race it probably needed repacking. 108 db. After the race it really needed it.

dalewannbe

#4 Post by dalewannbe »

That is great. 27 what an accomplishment. 6 hours would be torture.

UPS great job! Glad to hear the ATKdale ran flawlessly.

I really need to make one of these events. I hear there is one in Kahoka, MO. Maybe that one??? Depends on when it is.

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

8ft wide and that was tight? Wow I would hate to see what you guys would have thought about the 6-12hrs at Rausch.

Good work! I will ask you one question though......Doesn't it defeat the purpose of riding for that long if you stop for a smoke break!

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Jul 3 2006, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
8ft wide and that was tight? Wow I would hate to see what you guys would have thought about the 6-12hrs at Rausch.

Good work! I will ask you one question though......Doesn't it defeat the purpose of riding for that long if you stop for a smoke break!

Lay off the old man. I just hope he doesnt start taking breaks during the TT races.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Jul 3 2006, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes but I thought I was going to die so I figured what the heck!Oh and I said they were SUPPOSED to be.They werent.I am sure there is no way a Weescunson course could ever compare to Rausch.

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

You know I am just messing with you right?

As for the trails they all get ripped up by the end of 6hrs. You should have seen Iowa at the end of 12.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

I did.I was there at Iowa.I am just trying to show that ANYONE can race these 6hrs.You dont get in the way since they are such big courses length wise and its the average riders chance to ride at a procaliber race locally.Cant stress how disappointed I was that more dist16 harescrambles guys werent there.It was a open weekend no races anywhere.Club I am in has put lot of work into the local harescrambles and intention is to make people better riders and have a good time doing would think they would set thier goals a bit higher after doing well at the locals.

Sandstorm

#10 Post by Sandstorm »

Stopped for a smoke break!! Now that's funny!! LOL Just messing w/ ya C27.. Good story..