The Fat Man kicks butt!

kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

Wistech, Cannondale27, Cdale55, and some other Dales/ATKs whipped up on a bunch of guys at a race in Crandon, WI today. For Wistech, he had some pretty respectable finnishes in three different kinds of racing. There was a X-Country race, a TT race, and I think some sort of motocross race. None of the guys were really set-up for TT but had a blast and C27 & Wistech finnished 4/5 I think. Wistech didn't do too bad considering he doesn't race every weekend. He is suppose to e-mail me some pics tonight from his phone, let's see how it goes.

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

That sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait to see the pics.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

He sent them to my cell phone. Any of you "kids" know how to get them to the Internet or my computer?

DRATS sad.gif

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jul 23 2006, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He sent them to my cell phone. Any of you "kids" know how to get them to the Internet or my computer?

DRATS sad.gif

i am not sure, but i think you can email it from your phone.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

I just got home. The first event was cross country. There was some course cutting and I got lost but ended up with a 5th . Cdale27 took 4th. I think the 2 atks and a yfz took top spots. CC was just like how we trailride except the trails were just a bit narrowerLOL and with the moto at 50inches I had to be very carefull.

The TT was a blast . I could do that forever. We had 4 Dales/atk's in our class. I took 3rd in the heat and 5th in the final.

The mx didnt work out for me . I seriously overshot a double in practice and landed 45degrees from straight which of course ended with a spectacular crash. The Moto came off with just a broken clutch cyllinder but my shoulder took a bad hit and I couldn't continue.

I went on to fix the quad and headed over to the drag races where as everyone knows I am totally inept at drag racing but managed to win 4 races before being eliminated. Cdale55 and C27 ended up going head to head in the final drag race where Cdale55 snubbed at the line and C27 took the win. We all want to see how the big dogs would really do but they wouldnt let them go again.

Overall I am amazed Im still alive and did as good as I did considering Ive never seen a CC ot TT race before . The Moto performed flawlessly even though the driver didnt.

Ryanstones

#6 Post by Ryanstones »

congrats Wistech!
Way to go.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Like the title.He did beat me in the heat race after I took out four barrels while leading a YFZ.Then blinding me in a hug roost of pure crandon mud.It was pouring rain.Glad the heat race doesnt count for TT tongue.gif
Guys there is a million stories to tell.We all had a great time and Wistech did better than us all since he hasnt raced in like ten years.
You all should have heard the comments about all the ATK's an Dales there AND the holeshots we pulled.Both cdale55 and I were undefeated for holeshots but he wasnt setup right and I just suck!
Pete Feldner ATK-Vet A
Chuck Wachs ATK-Harescramble,TT
Roger Brown(UPS Man)ATK-Harescramble,TT and MX
Niel Franchuck(cdale55)Timbo/Witech 467 Dale-TT,Drags
John Liska(Witech)Witech/Timbo 432 Dale-Harescramble,TT,MX,Drags
Steve Spiering(C27)Timbo 468- YFZHarescramble,TT,MX,Drags
? Pluerd(?)-Southbay?Freestyle show

Will work on reports,pics and video soon since dynoes dont count got a real nice one of 490Falicon,IceCube,cped,Carbed and Rossier ported YFZ-vs-Timbodale.Twice. biggrin.gif
I believe Cdale55's Holeshots were same situation except second was the honda version with same mods as YFZ.
Lots of folks talking Cannondales and ATK's was a blast.

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

C27 moto top

Is that a stock Moto Wistech ? Why yes it is.
Yes I did beat C27 in one race . Sure He had sway bars ,lots more power ,better tires,lowering,years of experience on his side . But I had blind enthusiasm and mother nature working for me. That little 432 was wound tight throughout the day. I never did drop the rev limiter below 12,500. LOL
I wear my mud as a badge of honor.

Heres a pics the gate man took of something never before seen here. 4 Dale/atk's getting ready to do battle in one race.

UpsMan

#9 Post by UpsMan »

That was a great weekend. I'm too tired right now to do a race report. I'll do it tomorrow. It was pretty great to see so many cannondales and atks. And then after the racing was over on saturday, the guy doing the freestyle show was on a cannondale with a 250r kit. It was pretty awesome. The biggest surprise about that was how many people realized it was a cannondale. I told everyone there that I knew that it was a cannondale, and there all like, "yeah, I know!"

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

I actually think some of those people are going to buy some ATK's and Cannondales.They couldnt believe it.Only issue was a broken Master cylinder from Johns crash.

We made a fan of guy camping next to us.He took some pics.First are TT and last one is MX.Only diff in setup was took swaybar off.