The Fat Man kicks butt!

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

So how many ATK/Dales were there at the event ? We had 4 in our pit .

azcannon

#12 Post by azcannon »

wow , I am jealous. Track looks fun except for that one big rock and I am proud of you guys

Canniboomer

#13 Post by Canniboomer »

You guys really rock!!!!.... and Wistech rolled!, across the ground at speed? ouch, that's no way to shed more pounds!, but it probably worked.

....and a proud display of the stars and stripes! -- a very good day indeed.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Thanks guys.Wistech and I were in MX practice together and I was so happy cause I was even doing the doubles when lately I have been to chicken.Well the two bigger doubles were actually triples so you had to watch your speed or you would go real BIG.Witech went Waaay big flatlanded the triple I never did that one again cause just seeing him crash scared me bad.Two more guys bought it same way in other classes.

Here are some of my pics.Battery died so its not much.

Ultimate ATV Experience is name of event.Chuck Wachs from here worked real hard again to put on a great show.I really think this is going to be a huge event in future years.Dont know attendance but it was at least 300 maybe more quads.
It had Grass drags,obstacle course,MX,TT,XC,Mud Run,trail riding and Freestyle.Something for everyone including rec riders.
It is held at Crandon International Raceway if you know Off road truck racing this is the premier short track for them.This is left to right shots of the track area.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Mud Run run by muddy13.com

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

ATK/Cannondales attending.

Here is UPS man Rogers' quad.I think he was best racer of all of us.Does need a stroker though.He took 2nd in the Triple Crown which none of the rest of the Dales did.I believe he got 2nd xc,4th mx and 6thTT.Way to go Roger.You earned it.

Technical Difficulties.Everytime I post a reply to this to add more it ends up here?

wistech

#17 Post by wistech »

Here's Cdale55(Dyno King) and his son Christian prepping the monster. His quad was so low to the ground that it was painfull to hear the frame bash off rocks in the TT track. I am proud that the 468 motor was unbeatable in the holeshots. He just got so beat up after a few laps that he couldnt keep it straight on the jumps. It was set up for GP ice racing where they dont have jumps. We put bigger front tires on it for the final but it wasnt enough. we should have thrown on a set of moto shocks and I guarantee he would have won every event. Lesson learned.
At just over one year old Christian is already a quad junkie. That boy absolutly loves riding his electric quad and goes nuts for the sound of the Dale. We took turns keeping an eye on him while pops was racing .

A big thanks to Wachs motorsports. Chuck went above the call of duty to help make this event possible. I almost feel bad for beating him in the TT ........not.

wistech

#18 Post by wistech »

Here's an old school quad . This is Chad Bucholts (sorry for the spelling) 250r. He put it to good use and went home with a trophy in the drag races after learning the secret of the lights. Thanks for supplying the motorhome to make the weekend very comfortable.

UpsMan

#19 Post by UpsMan »

This is by far the biggest trophy I have ever gotten. 2nd place for the senior 'triple crown'. XC, TT, and MX. I got 2nd in the XC, 4th in the TT, and 4th in MX. The guy that won the triple crown finished in front of me in everything except the first heat of the TT, which doesnt' count for anything anyway. Speaking of the first heat of the TT race, that was nuts. It hasn't rained in Crandon much all summer, as you can tell by all the brown in the pics above. Well, it started drizzling as we are sitting on the starting line. I ended up getting second in the race because I think some of the bigger horse power motors were having more trouble getting traction than I was. OR , maybe they knew that the first heat doesnt' really count for anything except gate pick. It was my first TT race and I didn't know that, so I was giving it my all!

UpsMan

#20 Post by UpsMan »

The xc race was great. There were 10 racers in my class; one on a cannondale and two on ATKs. Wistech, , chuck and myself. C27 used his beater quad for the XC race. The xc course used most of the mx track, and then the rest was woods. It was a 40 minute race, I think we ended up doing 5 laps? It was a dead engine start. By the first corner I was in second, but as we come up to the first jump, the infamous triple, I slow down and get passed by wistech and c27. It was DUSTY in the woods. I had to really back off to find my way through on the first lap. I came to a Y in the trail and I couldn't figure out where to go, so I sat there for about 10 seconds and chuck came along and passed me, so I just followed him. He laid out the course, so I knew he was going the right way! So now I lost another position, but at least I was still on the course. Unlike wistech. Ha Ha. He went the wrong way at that intersection and had some problems. Someone ran over the arrows there and you just couldn't tell where to go, especially with the dust. I never saw wistech again, but I passed chuck on the mx part of the course and once I got by him, c27 was gracious enough to let me pass him in the woods. I finished up not really knowing how I did, it gets pretty mixed up during a 40 minute race, but I was happy to be in front of chuck and steve, and then was pleasantly surprised to find out i got 2nd.
The quad ran absolutely perfect; I hosed it off and changed tires, and got myself ready for the TT race. I'll do an TT and Mx report later. Got to go to work.