The Fat Man kicks butt!

wistech

#21 Post by wistech »

That TT mud race was fun. I stayed back behind you to avoid your roost. C27 should have done the same but wanted to pass me and payed the price .LOL Its those little things that make life so good. He said payback will be in short order though.
In the final I was going to try to cut inside you in the corner by the barn because you kept getting wide there but was to chicken. More power than balls. I was just having so much fun I was laughing through half the race.

The first lap of the xc was a disaster for me. I was kind of wondering why you guys let us by so easily. Then I missed the corner going into the woods because the markers were wiped out and ended up out in the truck track. I lost about 2 minutes there. Then when I came to the finish line jump I totally forgot to hit the checkpoint. What a noob. So I ran the mx track an extra time for nothing. LOL
After that I was so far behind but in the clear with no dust to battle through and ran my own race . I even got to pass 3 more quads. My favorite part was the jump coming out of the gravel pit that Chuck said not to hammer. I was getting some awsome airtime off that.

Nice job .

UpsMan

#22 Post by UpsMan »

By the way, those triples looked HUGE, and they were, but the ramps were good and tall, so you really could get enough air without any problem, as wistech painfully discovered. I didn't triple them, I slowed down and just doubled them. Much less painful. John, I hope your shoulder feels better soon.

Yeah, that was a cool jump. (the gravel pit) Those people were all standing there watching too. That was cool.

cannondale27

#23 Post by cannondale27 »

I really liked the jump right before the xc scoring tent!Man you could have got enough air to darn near land on the tent!It was really a nice downslope.With a bend and then the scoring tent which you had to go through to get you card marked each lap.

Rest of my pics in this one post since somehow the pics all get combined.

Here is Chuck Wachs quad.This guy works Waaaay too much.Sure appreciate it though.Beat me in the xc and took a little tumble in the tt.Honestly I dont know how he could race at all with another weeks worth of work before.

Next is pic of our pit/camp for the weekend

Wistech on the stock test moto.LOL it is 432 but that thing is fast.This is the famous test quad.Clear valve cover and flywheel cover the test cams are inthere and he is still running that 12,500 rev limiter.It WILL blow chunks soon you would think but no problems at all yet.It is also the only Dalequad to ever finish one of the 12hr races.Chuck wants to do the texas 12 hr that would be cool.

wistech

#24 Post by wistech »

Yep I dont know what I was thinking. I was so high and so far sideways that I was looking through the left nerf bar nets at where I was going to land . I think only the flagman saw the crash .He was nice enough to pick up my shattered helmet visor ,clutch lever and give me a push so I could do a clutchless start.
I took off from work today to kick back and recover, order some new parts. Ill be ok.

jesshamner

#25 Post by jesshamner »

What a race report! That even sounds like a lot of fun. It would be so much fun to have a bunch of cdales together at a race like that.

cdale55

#26 Post by cdale55 »

First I want to thank Witech and cannondale27 for all the baby sitting they did to let me race. { If Johns girlfriend is reading this he would make a great dad, hint hint !!!! } I had a great time I sure wish I would have set my qaud up better, I think I could have put the witech built motor to better use. Next year !!! The cannondales took almost all the holeshots in the TT races. And in the drag races they were great ( execpt when you kill it on the line in the final LOL ) Next year Steve !!! LOL I am not sure but I think Steve remaped my qaud in the middle of the night . LOL John and Steve did great racing and were very fun to watch race. Just don't pat John on the shoulder for a couple of weeks. It was one of the best weekends I had in a long time !! Thanks guys !!!

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

How is the shoulder John? they hauled two A guys off did same thing.The jump on left would shoot you about 5ft less than right side by grass at same speed.

St.Anthony (former dynoking quad)never ran because it doesnt have a tether to be legal.

Cdale55-Holeshot guaranteed

lastly I brought the beater for the xc and drags.Took fourth in drags.4th in xc and gave me some nasty blister to deal with rest of weekend.

Found another of wistechs moto.

In the background is my oldest daughter Amanda.7 yrs.Trying to get her into racing.

The guy is sending a cd for the video of the holeshot so it will be a couple days before that gets on but it is very convincing considering the guy claimed over 55hp with YFZ.

UpsMan

#28 Post by UpsMan »

Hey, that guy standing by the #75 suzuki, Bill Berger, races wearing Cannondale pants!

UpsMan

#29 Post by UpsMan »

I almost forgot, but Pete Feldner was there running his ****** atk in the vet a class.

wistech

#30 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Jul 24 2006, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, that guy standing by the #75 suzuki, Bill Berger, races wearing Cannondale pants!

Berger was the first guy I ever saw racing a Cannondale at Tigerton. He's got some skills.

My poor old St Anthonies was relegated to pit quad for the weekend. We should have rigged up a kill switch and had Chad run it in the drags. He would have offered to buy it right there. From the sounds of it he will be running a 4stroke very soon. biggrin.gif