Ashtabula TT

theJeStEr1340

#1 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I would first like to thank timbo for tuning my dale back to health. It had a rich condition on the bottom end and then he did something to the top end and DANG! It has never ran that well. Also Timbo, Animals Cannibal and both of their better halves (trust me they are their BETTER halves lol) for their Hospitality.

We arrived in Ashtabula around 2:30 friday morning and it took till 4:00 to find the track. Way to go pops on just getting directions to Ashtabula. We get some Sleep and they go to Timbos in the morning and hang out there for the whole afternoone. Moose brought us some Pizza in the shop, very nice of her. We tuned my sick dale into a monster. I got to ride the big boys, the 465 and 495. Man they will rip your arms off. Animals cannibal came out to check out my quad set-up for TT, he really wants to try it out.
We made it back to the track to watch practice (next time I will practice just for the fun of it, track changes too much to worry about anything else). then hung out with friends and had a good time.

Saturday I woke up to rain dripping on me and my cot. Great. Nothing much to do about it so I moved the cot out of the drip and went back to sleep. Pops went and slept in the Truck. We finally got up and it was pooring outside so we give Animals a call and go hang out at his place all day. Animal got to check out my dads quad which is set-up a little better than mine and I got to ride a 505 monster. Checked out his Sled (that thing is a beast) and His Wife made some delicious baked Spaghetti. Did I mention the hospitality this weekend was top notch? We left animals around 10 and then got some sleep after returning to the track.

Sunday practice was alright, had some pretty slick corners but overall not bad. Track is Fun, You Wisconsin guys missed out big time.

My first Heat was production C where I got 3rd. The heat wasn't very interesting. I was 4th to the first corner and was pushing the guy in front of me really hard I fianlly got around him on the 3rd lap, I pulled him into the bowl and he didn't have anything for the dale after that. It was cool. I looked at him right as I passed him and he looked right into my eyes and had a real distraught look on his face. Kinda like "I can't believe that cannondale is right next to me and pulling away" as his motor bangs the revlimiter.

My 265/450C heat was more fun. The pack was all bunched up at the first corner, but after getting through it and a lot of dicey moves I was in 5th and pressuring 4th really hard. He was a very agressive rider and closed the line down dangerously close to my front tire hitting his rear tire (very bad) many times. I fianlly got around him in a hair pin and quickly made up the time between me and 3rd place but couldn't get around him. There were 3 divisions for this class and mine was the fastest, so I got 10th gate pick, last on the first row.

265/450C main: Turned out comeone didn't show up, so I had choice of far outside or far inside for lane. I chose to go with far outside because I wouldn't be forced in by the infield if I couldn't get to the inside due to a quad beside me. Not a bad holeshot, but being all the way outside provided a lot of slick stuff and I was farhter back then I would have liked. Luckily there was 4-5 spin outs that I easily got around and then a pile up of 2 or so people. I think I was 7th. I made a pass on a honda pretty quickly, I set him up good for the hairpin and then did the same to an LTR. This guy on the LTR was fast though, he slid under me into the sweeper and we battled back and forth for the whole race, he would try to go around the honda in front of both of us and get too wide and I would sneak under and then he would set me up and make a pass. Finally he spun out and I got around him. I didn't see anymore of him though. It was a lot of fun, the top 5 of us were all in 1 big bunch, no more than a quad length between anybody.

Production c main wasn't that eventful I made it to the first corner in 6th. Pushed an LTR out in the Same hairpin I made most of my other passes in and then held of a really really fast kid on a KFX for a 5th place finish.

Here are pics of the pro's and women and a few others. Pops took the am pics off the camera already and put them on his laptop. Not sure why he deleted them from the card but he did.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=19t5pe...5&x=0&y=-jounz9

Nevermind all the pics are there. I rode my dads quad in production C and have ont he blue chest protector, he is clear/black. You can see me passign a honda in the Prod. C heat.

The pics of the wreck the first one is right as it happned, kid is still traveling forward. and then he is throwing his helmet.

cdale55

#2 Post by cdale55 »

Looks like a blast !!! I hope next year our racing events are not on the same weekend I sure would like to try that track. Congrats on your great racing, sounds like you did great !!!

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Awesome!They ran the heats and mains on Sunday cause of rain?Man you guys must have been really busy running 3 classes!

Niel now thats how a real TT track looks after the rubber is laid down.Gotta do this one.

DMAC10

#4 Post by DMAC10 »

Great race write up.
I was able to race there once and loved it. That same year I realized that TT racing wasn't for me.

But I still loved that track.

Congrats on a good showing.

theJeStEr1340

#5 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Thanks guys, that track was black at the end of the day. The pics do not do it justice in the least bit. You wisconsin boys need to hike up your skirts and come on down next year.

cdale55

#6 Post by cdale55 »

Come on up this winter for some ice racing and bring a warm skirt LOL I wish we could have done both races we had a blast in Crandon.

theJeStEr1340

#7 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I will try to save up some money and come up over my christmas break.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

I heard there is another TT in PA?

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

Man that looked like fun. How many quads were in most of the classes?

RoooStEr Pops

#10 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

There is another GNC TT race at Franklin, PA 9 sept Who's all going ?