Triple C TT race.

theJeStEr1340

#1 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Crappy night.

I practiced 3 times on my bike and once on my dads. I felt liek crap all 4 practices and just couldn't get comfortable.

I pulled the holeshot in the 265/450C heat and just ran off with it, I was at the last sweeper and the next guy was just getting on the front stretch. Unfortunately in the main I wouldn't have enough gas to complete 1 lap...

Reason for no gas = spending intermission with the paramedics and not feeling like moving until the main.

Production 4-stroke heat, for some reason my dads bike doesn't have the same hit mine does. The shortened swing arm and lowered stance makes the handling better, but this is more of an HP track. and it hurt me ont he holeshot. I was 4th out of 5 to the first corner. I had just tapped the rear brake and set up for the corner when BAM! Some guy hits my left front tire (it's a left hand sweeper), the bars are jerked from my hands and leaning off the side of the bike I go tumbling to the ground, probably 4th gear wide open. On my way off I look down and see his nerf bar and rear tire slide on my front tire. I hit my left arm slide onto my left shoulder and hip (ouch) and then roll on my back to my right shoulder (my butt and lower back where off the ground somehow). When my feet finally started to come down I used the momentum to get back to my feet and try to run to the quad, but just kind of hobble. Get it runnign and finish the race.

After th erace my left arm had already bled through my jersey, not bleeding bad, but bad enough to run down my arm so I went to the ambulance and got it wrapped up.

So the 265/450 C main consisted of me watching my 1st place in points go down the drain and then get pushed off by my pops. I realized as soon as the bike stuttered in the first corner on the first lap I never put gas in it.

So the Production 4 stroke main had to be good. In staging the guy that side swiped me (Josh) came up and apologized, but made sure to point out that his Buddy told him he clearly had the line and that it was his rear tire that hit my front. Last time I checked (during the heat) he was behind me when I set-up, but besides the point he needed someone off the track to tell him he had the line? Who was racing, him or his buddy, WTF?!
Either way, in the holeshot I prodeced to put him behind me and cut him off before the first corner. In the corner I could tell I had a lot of work to do, while the leaders started to pull away I was behind 4 people that were clearly slowing me down. We all proceeded to go around the girl in the class, she is fast, but not at my favorite track. So that was one down, I was then in 7th. the guy in 5th spun out and I made a good pass on the guy in 5th. Then it was on, I had raced with the guy in front of me and knew I could beat him. I was all over him with 3 laps to go. He slowed down a lot for the sweeper and I tried to get around him there, but it was a 1 and a half line corner and he was right in the middle of it, the one time I tried to go wide I had to cut someone else off from stealing my spot. The next lap (White flag) I pulled up on his right and ran with him down the front stretch, but he had the inside line to the sweeper and once again I was in the loose stuff. Last lap in the last corner I had a better drive and pulled up to about his nerf bar and then he started to pull away, this is where my bike would have shined. so I ended up with 5th. Oh well. Glad that is over.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool report.Man your lucky to have so many TT's around.What ended up with your arm?Stiches?

theJeStEr1340

#3 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

just some good road rash