Worst track around, still a win

theJeStEr1340

#1 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

So this weekend I didn't fall off, but I did break a brake line and a frame and sub frame.

The track sucks, it is always slick no matter what, and has lots of rocks.

In practice I felt liek crap on my bike, but considerably better on my dads bike till I was going around the sweeper and heard a rattling like the exhaust had come loose. I finished the lap and thought wow, whatever happned the Black widow pipe is finally making power down low, the front end was so light and it was so powerful out of corners. Come to find out I broke the top left mount on the subframe and bottom left mount on the frame which caused the pipe to come out. DOH! I thought my dads sub frame was flexing, nevermind... confidential.

So in the 265C heat I was battling the guy for the holeshot, but I hadn't been able to make the first corner stick all night so I ended up letting him have it. I ran right with him for 3 laps, but then was too tired and he started to pull away.

Prod. 4 heat - we won't get into the fact that we started with 7 people on the front row and started with 3 and the flagger is an idiot. Still got to the first corner in 6th, WTH?! I got pushed out and a few people got under me... I worked my way around 2 people and then this chick from up north wouldn't let me pass, She was slow in the corners, but her Hondu has some power and I could get a wheel up next to her, but not around her on the straits.

265C main- I pulled the holeshot and the kid that usually wins was right behind me, he got too far into the loose stuff and dropped back a little, then caught back up and got back into the loose stuff which allowed someone to get around him, they traded positions 2x more time and then the kid finally made the pass in the last corner for 2nd... I could see this because I was so far out front at the end I stopped at the end to see what was happening.

Prod 4 Main- Bogged down on the line... blast I let the clutch out at the wrong time or something, I had been pulling great holeshots all night. I was toward the back of the pack in the first corner, and fought my way up to behind a kid on a 400ex behind the girl. He was tearing up her rear end in every corner, rightfully so, she is slow. He hit her so hard in 1 corner she looked back and flipped him off, lol. I got around the 400 on the front stretch, we both had problems shifting to 2nd... time to change tranny fluid (It seems to only last 2 races then gets hard to shift, anyone else have this problem?). SO I took over where the kid left off hitting her in every corner, well I guess in one corner her back tire hit my brake line where it mounts to the caliper and pulled it out of the banjo bolt far enough to leak. Going down the fairly fast back strait going into the corner I realized I had no front brakes, none at all. Great, lock the back brakes up, slide off the track and I am looking at a small hill (looks to keep water out or something) with a tire on the other side, SWEEEEET! I check to see how close the people are behind me and decided I could make it. MX time, I nail the little hill and get a few feet of air and head down the strait to the hairpin. I manage to put a little space on the group behind me, but couldn't catch the girl with no front brakes and ended up with 5th. :-/

Not a bad night though