Indiana Dash for Cash

Guy310

#1 Post by Guy310 »

I need to start by saying I feel old. Now with that out of the way, here we go. I rode a rollercoaster called "who is going racing this weekend" because my Jap machine buddies are a bunch of whiny p***ies. Nobody could decide what was going on and I was feeling lots of pressure from the "Honeydo Monster" and it's old friend the " Aren't You Going To Church With Us" Ogre. The race was Sunday at intermission of the regular MX races and it was decidied by all that we would just skip any racing and ride somewhere close. So, Sunday at 7:30 a.m. I get a call, "where are you at?" They didn't call me so they wouldn't get beat by a Dale. I bolt out of bed, get all my crap loaded up and drive the 2 hours to the track just in time to find out I left my key on and my battery was completely dead. I find a charger and get it on the quad and get dressed. The first motos of the A and B class had already been run so I missed practice and a first moto so I don't get to learn the track from experience, so I watched the A bikes to see what they are jumping and how. I get down to the line and of course I have a magnificent gate pick far to the right in the mud, although there were only 4 guys in the Dash but with the rain from the night before, none of the picks were that good. The Dash for Cash was a local M/C dealer giving $100 and entries were $20 each and it all went into the pot and the winner takes all. They did give me one hot lap to "learn" the track so I did get to see it at least. We leave the line and I am last coming out of the gate. I move up to second by the first turn and the battle ensues. We are supposed to be running 4 laps but at the last minute they change it to 6 laps. This was not good for me. I am only a quad or two behind the 1st place quad as we roll around the track and I stay with him for about 4 laps before things start to fall apart. By this time I am getting tired and start to make mistakes. The first one is when I roll over the berm in a turn before an uphill. This just makes me fall further behind since I am out into the loose stuff. From there I start to ride harder even though I am pumped like an East German shotputter so I start to make more mistakes. I drive into the whoops like a methhead chasing a dollar blowing in the wind and even though I am not that limber I think my feet touched the handlebars after the seat smacked my butt. IU recover from this and regain my senses somewhat and try to settle down. The kid in front has pulled a huge lead by now so I try to regain some of my self-respect by riding a good final lap. I pick up some space on the kid but not enough to threaten. In the end I finish second, but I am looking forward to attending our state race in a few weeks at one of my favorite tracks so I haope to have everybody's number that week. Until next time.

theJeStEr1340

#2 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

You have some great friends.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

biggrin.gif