Wisconsin State Champ Quad Race

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

No kidding!He used to race a Cannondale.

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Sep 19 2006, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he was getting plenty of power, but it wasn't reliable. It sounds like it is easier with the Honda to get lots of power reliably. What do you mean about the points being a joke? Are you talking about the "free points for missing a race due to a national?" If so, yes, that is a joke.

I can understand the national freebie but do it with average points.Simple formula:
Points/#races in series=average points.
Taking the ones the guy made it to and averaging just those is really unfair to those who actually went to them and payed entry fees.

UpsMan

#12 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 20 2006, 06:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can understand the national freebie but do it with average points.Simple formula:
Points/#races in series=average points.
Taking the ones the guy made it to and averaging just those is really unfair to those who actually went to them and payed entry fees.

I agree.

Guy310

#13 Post by Guy310 »

They have always kissed his *** there in Wisconsin. I have never thought he was that fast. When he goes to Nationals and gets in A he is not top 5 usually. He does well in 16-24 but after the first 5 guys in that class the speed drops way off. He almost got beat up a few years ago by some old guy at Quadlympics for being a punk. He got beat and got pissed and started to run his mouth.

UpsMan

#14 Post by UpsMan »

Well, somewhere along the way he must have learned some respect, because I have known him about three years now and he has always been very nice and polite. I have heard that he was cocky when he first started racing, but now he is completely different. Maybe the old guy scared him?

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

True he is a good guy.I wonder if the "old guy" was Berger or Marceau?Dont remember that.If he were really good though he would do the right thing and straighten out that points mess.I think its a Jansen Racing thing.The boys get taken care of.

Guy310

#16 Post by Guy310 »

I have heard the same thing about him. I had some friends who witnessed the action at Quadlympics park next to him at one of the Nationals and they said he was a very humble and nice kid and i was glad to hear that. Sometimes they just need to be put in their place a couple times to find out it's a big world out there. I am glad he has turned out to be a good kid.

peterock

#17 Post by peterock »

I didn't realize he received points until just the other night when I had to post them. This is an area that will probably be addressed and might change for next year. Cory does get a lot of attention in wisconsin, but he is a good racer. This year in the GNC he took a 7th in pro am, two 2nds in production A, and two firsts and a third in 16-24.

I know I couldn't do that good so I can't knock a guy that has better skills then me.