Overall Race Results

Senior
Overall Number Brand Name City,State Moto 1 Moto 2
1 119 Hon Jim Falke 2 2
2 85 ATK Roger J. Brown 4 1
3 3d Hon David **** 1 5
4 9 Suz Ivan Simmerman 3 4
5 13 Hon Jeff Moelter 5 3

This track is in Tigerton Wi, Embarrass River ATV Park. I is a nice facility with indoor plumming and camping areas .... very nice. The track is not real difficult, they don't have large doubles, or any large jumps for that matter. It has a lot of corners, lots of single jumps, nice whoops section, nice spectator viewing, and it gets nice and rough by the second moto. I like it a lot.

Moto 1 I came out of the holeshot second, and before the first lap was over I went into a couple of corners too fast and got passed by two guys. I was in fourth place, real tight on the guy in third, and we were both gaining on the guy in second. I was able to try one serious pass attempt in a corner before the checkers, but couldn't make it stick. Fourth place sucks.

Moto 2 I came out of the holeshot second again and protected my inside better in the corners and rode a little smarter. Before the first lap was over, two guys behind me got tangled up, so it was just me and the guy in first place. I followed him around for a lap and tried to pass him in the whoops section. The right side of the whoops was heavily used and the smoothest line, but I had to try passsing here because it was the widest part of the track. I just dove in on the left side and kept the gas on and came out in first. After that I pretty much rode away from him. On the last lap I knew I had a cushion, so I was taking it easy and got kind of sloppy and almost messed up going into a tight corner too fast. I skidded up on the berm into the soft marbles, but I didn't get stuck, so no real harm was done. I learned that I have to stay focused even when cruising up in front.

I was the only ATK/cannondale there. Very sad.

Picture is me working on the Honda guy in a corner.

azcannon

#2 Post by azcannon »

congrats , right on

Guy310

#3 Post by Guy310 »

Who won the money?

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

Champ Race MAIN

Overall Number Brand Name City,State Moto 1 Moto 2

1 371 Hon Cory M. Gauthier Pulaski, WI 1
2 40 Yam Eddie Degeneffe Oneida, WI 2
3 2 Yam Joe Havel Greenville, WI 3
4 75 Yam Bill J. Berger 4
5 337 Yam Jeff Juran 5
6 25 Hon Cody Janssen Kaukauna, WI 6
7 698 Yam Ryan Mientke Wisconsin Rapids, 7
8 5x Hon Troy J. Schmitt 8
9 22 Hon Kyle M. Golberg Stewartville, 9
10 774 Yam Matt Mullen Seymour, WI 10

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Great job!We had a harescramble sat so I couldnt make it to cheer you on.Bet it was a good time.

iceracer17

#6 Post by iceracer17 »

Cory switched to honda??
What happened to pete?

UpsMan

#7 Post by UpsMan »

yep, Corey switched to honda. I guess he got sick of the bottom of his yfz motor shooting out through the cases all the time. Pete closed on his first home friday, so his girl made him move saturday.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Actually he did it because you can get more power out of the Hondas.Not that he would need it with all the points going his way.What a joke.

UpsMan

#9 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 19 2006, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually he did it because you can get more power out of the Hondas.Not that he would need it with all the points going his way.What a joke.

I think he was getting plenty of power, but it wasn't reliable. It sounds like it is easier with the Honda to get lots of power reliably. What do you mean about the points being a joke? Are you talking about the "free points for missing a race due to a national?" If so, yes, that is a joke.

peterock

#10 Post by peterock »

Rob Stier may be coming out of retirement to woop up on the seniors in crystal falls. Told him he can try out my ATK.