Live Updates! 12 Hours of ATV America

jesshamner

#1 Post by jesshamner »

Well this is the first update for today's race. Derno called me last night to inform me that the team and the quad had made it to the track safely. They were able to get it out and fine tune some things to get it ready to go. He says it doesn't look pretty but it runs great! They are running some old red plastic. I can't to see what they can do with it!

The men that are there to push the cannondale to the front are Kenny Campbell, Randy Brandt, Derno. Sorry Derno, I know you're last name but I can't spell it. LOL.

The high today at the track is 73 degrees F. It should be a great day to race. The track is wide open and very fast compared to last year. Derno says it will be a game of who can pin the throttle the longest. However, the track could get rutted late in the race. There was also mention of an added man-made obstacle that would reminde you of 2 sets of bleachers pushed together back to back. There are logs attached somehow. Conquering this obstacle could shave 40 seconds off lap times. It should be about 12-15 minutes lap times.

You can follow the race live at www.12hoursofatvamerica.com , but I will posting live, Cannondale specific updates right here!

********************************************************************************
I hate that it doesn't make a new post. If nobody has posted any comments before I post again, I will seperate reports with this asterisk line.
********************************************************************************

The race has officially started! Randy started off but didn't get a great start. He killed it off the line and finally took off at about 5th from last. However, he was able to make his way back up to about half pack in the start of the first lap!

There are about 40 teams in the race. Our chances for a cannondale win are good with about 7 or 8 teams in the 30+ class.

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

They had a broken rear shock and are a lap down at this point. Randy is back out trying to make up time.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

The team has been running good every since the rear shock change (due to breakage at the base). Randy has finished his first hour and now Kenny is aboard making up time on the leader. The track is real fast. Their last lap time was a 13:42 and the leaders of the 30+ class ran a 14:30. Kenny is trying hard! They are running 6th in their class, 32nd overall, and they are 2 laps down from the overall leader. Derno should be climbing aboard in about 45 minutes.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Kenny on the 8th lap. They are catching up to most of the teams. The cannondale is 29th overall. 13:42 lap time on the last lap. It sounds like Kenny is making a hard push to catch up and still turning good lap times. Go Cannondale!

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

I'm pretty sure Derno is out there right now. I haven't received any info from him in a while. The live broadcast will be on in about 10 minutes.

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

Cannondale has 13 laps in running 5th in the 30+ class and 25th overall. They are about to catch up to the pace lap. 4th places is 1 lap down still. 3rd, 2nd, and 1st (Media All-Stars A2) are on pace lap.

The bike is still running strong. Keep your fingers crossed! No problems yet! Woo hoo!

The overall leader is PRO Team Honda starring Chris Borich, John Natalie, and Chris Bithel. They're running laps around 40 seconds faster than anyone else.

Second overall is PRO Team GT Thunder. Riders are Brandon Sommers, Tyler Lenig, and (Taylor???) Kiser.

Running in 3rd is A Team Lost Creek Cycles
4th is A team Laker Customs

CHJ Racing 1st in B class

FD Racing 1st in Utility

WC Racing 1st in Industry

There are already 2 or 3 teams that have dropped out of the race.

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

Feel free to cheer on your favorite team!

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

The live feed should be working soon. They had a few glitches at atvscene and are now trying to get it up.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

I am going nuts just looking at this!Jesshamer GREAT JOB I was supposed to be getting some work done but cant get away from this!GoGoGo Cannondale!

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

There is life out there! I've been watching people that have been reading this topic. Its nice to see some reaction. And even better...some enthusiasm. Go Cannondale!

Unfortunately, I'm about to take off for about an hour. I'll have my phone and my laptop with me to update whenever Derno calls but I won't just be refreshing the page every couple of minutes.

And there is still no live feed.