Live Updates! 12 Hours of ATV America

jacobw

#81 Post by jacobw »

I didnt have time to put together a team this year but will be taking a team next year i need to get with you tim I have a bike that will be a specific 6 and 12 hour bike hopefully I can get some +1 arm from rated x motorsports and I will have tim help me built a stock motor that will take the punishment. Did this motor have a port job or just stock head. Derno has already gave me some tips on things to take to the race, and hopefully I can take 2 cannondale teams, working 2 jobs I dont have time right now to get both the bike together but hopefully will have them worked out in the spring biggrin.gif Happyboy you up for some 6 hour racing, what about jeremy I need you guys, I have 4 riders and need to more to take 2 teams to the 6 hour race in mo next year and the 12 hour biggrin.gif I will get dave to hook up up with some trail tech lights and maybe handlebar setup i would like the flexx bars i will see what I can come up with biggrin.gif Great job guys hopefully your expertise can help out for our 6 hour team biggrin.gif

kdeal

#82 Post by kdeal »

Jacob the motor was a stock 432cc with a port job. It made 48hp on the dyno and ran hard according to the team. The motor was perfect for the terrain where there were long straights. It would probably be wiser to build a more torque based motor with a little tamer map to run some of the more woods oriented type races. I think the same motor with nothing more than a stroker crank and stock piston may be the hot set-up. That would probably be a 50hp motor with gobs of torque!

NOTE: Timbo worked extremely hard to build & spec this motor, including dyno time. He really deserves a lot of the accolades for being in on the ground floor of this project. I would love to see the guys or more of you, do this again next year. Special thanks go to Speed450mx & his family as well. The Cannondale community really needed this as a morale booster, thanks to everyone involved and to those of you over the years that have kept the dream alive.

jesshamner

#83 Post by jesshamner »

Next year I might have to actually go and report from the track! smile.gif

cannondale27

#84 Post by cannondale27 »

Definitly Jesshammer.Me too.That would be fun.How do other sites post pics from remote locations like that though?

kdeal

#85 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 30 2006, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Definitly Jesshammer.Me too.That would be fun.How do other sites post pics from remote locations like that though?

C27,

I had Tim (Surf2snow1 from Cannondaler) over to my house yesterday, as he was in town for training classes. He had a killer set-up from his company that allowed him to post anywhere he had cell phone coverage. But instead of 56K modem access it is at 200-1000K DSL speed. I have seen Jess use his laptop on a normal cell line as well. So it's possible but in most cases slow.

jesshamner

#86 Post by jesshamner »

Yeah I use my cell phone. Jaybr does the same thing with his company. During our trip to Glamis, he was supposedly working. LOL. Unfortunately, he tried to get coverage through the painted desert. That didn't work out too well. But yeah, I would just use my cell phone as long as I got coverage.

NRath

#87 Post by NRath »

You guys are awesome!!! Great job riding and putting the team together, Derno! You're definitely an asset to the C'dale community!

Timbo definitely gets the 2nd round of applause!! That dude is on point and knows how to put 'em together! It's great to see a guy step up with a full motor- bolt it in and go. I bet you're anxious to get it back and tear it apart, aren't ya?!!! There's absolutely no better testing than what that motor got.

Sounds like big props go to Speed450mx for the trackside support!! I know that made the race much easier for the team! 27 and Jess' support seem fantastic, too!!

I'm glad all of you are on the C'dale team!!! GREAT Job, C'daleriders!!!!!

dalewannbe

#88 Post by dalewannbe »

AWESOME JOB TO DERNO AND HIS TEAM.

Great job to Timbo, whose proving he knows how to build cannondale motors, either big hp or realiability he can do it.

And great job by the rest of the community for helping make this happen!

speed 450mx

#89 Post by speed 450mx »

Lott is Yellowrocket440 on the site.

I have some pics at home I will try to post them tomarrow night I am work right know.

It was a great felling to see the dale finsh the 12hrs but it was sad because if that d!!! shock would not have broke WE WOULD HAVE HAD A DALE ON THE PODEM!!!! I still had a great time with Randy, Kenny, and Derno. tongue.gif

cannondale27

#90 Post by cannondale27 »

Here is the results.Great job.Cripes fast lap was near end there.wow!