Won the C-class championship.

theJeStEr1340

#1 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Well, was gonna do it on pop's bike, but ended up dropping a valve or something else in practice... I felt fast, in a groove and just killing it, felt liek a pro in the curves and then all of a sudden no power. So I had to do it on my bike.

In the heat I got to the corner 2nd and just let him stay there.

In the main I pulled the holeshot and on the 2nd lap let him aroudn me going into the sweeper (didn't need a repeat fot he previous week and him beat me by enough to cause me the championship). 2 corners later he spins and I go aroudn him. Lap later I let him around me again. I stayed right on his butt the whole time, and lo and behold on the 5th lap he almost spins out and I go around him again, I let him back in front (I always let him back in front before the sweeper because the next 4 corners are tight and provide him good oppertunities to try somethign stupid). then finished the race about 2 inches off his rear.

Then I beat a kid that is moving to A-class in Production 4-stroke, he spun it in a corner and I just held him off, he came real close to passing me but I held him off.

Who wants to help re-build a motor? I will be running most of the nationals next year in open B-class. Timbo will be doing the motor work, but we may need a head or some valves. We are thinking a 495 with a high compression CP piston and all the newest work.

timbomoose

#2 Post by timbomoose »

Congratulations! Great job on the win! If pops motor still runs at all don't start it until you tear it down. Dropped valve gives no warning than bam.Might have a broken valve retainer,cam bearing,or chain guide.Great season and great job on the win!Nice job!

theJeStEr1340

#3 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Quad runs, just taps very badly. You will be getting the head and crank as soon as the motor comes out, maybe the rest of the motor. Thinking about making a trip up that way to ride and we can just put the motor back in there then hit some trails to break it in. and then throw it on the Dyno.

timbomoose

#4 Post by timbomoose »

Sounds like a plan. I always love riding and dyno tuning.I wouldn't even bump the starter until torn down to prevent further damage. Good thing it decided to do it during practice and not the race! I Gotta drop the motor in mine too.The waterpump seal is leaking pretty good.

Guy310

#5 Post by Guy310 »

The sign of a true champion is the patience and maturity to know that you have to be in it to win it. It takes a lot of patience to hold yourself back from wanting to fight it out for the win, especially when you know you can run with the guy. Congratulations on a fine season.