Tulsa TT race

toothandnail

#1 Post by toothandnail »

Well my son and I raced at Tulsa on Dec. 28,29,30. probably the biggest overall race we've been to with over 1100 total entries, about 120 quads running in 4 classes, This was my first race in almost 2 years due to knee injury and surgery wacko.gif It didn't turn out to good for either of us although we both made it to the main, Heres how it turned out, We both got last gate pick in the last heat races, my son, Joshua, ran in open am,timbo port, falicon 468, he pulled the holeshot from the far outside position followed by a honda ,500-520 depending on which of his buddies you talked to, they were fairly close the first lap , then Joshua began pulling away by the end ,4 laps , Joshua was about 1/3 lap ahead of the pack easily winning his heat biggrin.gif .

Next was my heat I got the bottom inside gate, you had to actualy turn right to get on the track before turning left into the first corner, I pulled 3rd in the holeshot and remained there the entire race, which sent me to the LCQ, they only took the top 2 to the main.

Next was my LCQ this time I got a decent pick ,4th out of 12, As the starter was pointing down the line, when he pointed to me the lite turned green ohmy.gif needless to say no one was ready ,we all took off ,again I pulled 3rd ,top 3 move to the main, with a honda on my tail . in the 2nd lap the leaders quad quit which moved me to 2nd with 1 guy runing close to me, the next lap the leaders quad also quit, both were honda, now I'm in 1st and cruise to win.

Now the main , they lined us up in the order of finish and order of heat ,I guess?? blink.gif Joshua got 4th pick first row, I got 3rd row far outside.
Joshua pulled about 4th or 5th, there was a pile up in the first turn, as Joshua was going arournd it, his buddy, he ended up with 4th, hit him and pushed him right into it, when he got out he was in about 14th , he was moving up slowly to about 10th , when in the 9th lap his chain broke sad.gif

My main , I figured I would rail the outside and bypass the pileup in the first turn to move up a few spots , as luck would have it we all got through the first turn cleanly, I was about 12th, I took the option lane that was less congested, but there was a pile up in that lane which moved our group to the back, and I ended the race in 17th

I will post a few pic later

toothandnail

#2 Post by toothandnail »

BTW the guy with the 500-520 huh.gif honda won both the 250-am and open-am

here's the track
[attachment=1944:attachment]
me in LCQ
[attachment=1945:attachment]
Joshua in main
[attachment=1946:attachment]
my gate in main
[attachment=1947:attachment]
joshua in heat
[attachment=1948:attachment]

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow great job guys!That is some tough qualifying.Cool.

dalewannbe

#4 Post by dalewannbe »

Sounds like you two had some fun. Great job for not racing in a couple years.
Thanks for the report.

timbomoos

#5 Post by timbomoos »

Nice job! Getting to the main wuth that mny people is quiate an accomplishment in itself too bad for the darn chain and pile up. Very respectable finish. Keep up the good work. Thats 2 father and son teams that race tt on cannondaleriders hope we all can be so lucky.Nice pics.

toothandnail

#6 Post by toothandnail »

Thanks guys , we had a lot of fun, we had 3 generations there ,grampa was there helping as pit crew smile.gif on a different subject they had go carts there also ,talk about some crazy drivers, they do a nascar type rolling start and they were wrecking each other out before the green flag dropped wacko.gif it was basically a demolition derby in 8 laps blink.gif