Ice season is upon us.

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Ive been swamped with work lately and have just started yesterday getting my quad ready for the ice season already under way. Cdale55 said he had some good races last weekend with 2 firsts a 2nd and a dnf from blowing a tire off. The story was good and I hope he will come on here and post it up with pics.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

I just got another phone call from a tired Cdale55 . He did so well last weekend that he jumped up to the pro class for todays events in Cloquet MN. He took a first and second in the heats and pushed his Dale to the edge to take the WIN in the final. biggrin.gif He said it was a hard fought victory and there was lots of wheel bangin. Then he had to hang up on me to get to the line for money race so congrads and good luck.
I really wish I was there . Chad didnt get his new dale finished in time because of missing some parts so he raced the old 250r instead.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool!I wonder if Rath was racing? Lets try to make it up there this weekend.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

I am looking forward to this .

cdale55

#5 Post by cdale55 »

It has been a fun year so far and am looking forward to racing next weekend . Sat. 1/27/07 ???????? Garrison Bay, Lake Mille Lacs (Garrison, MN)
Sun. 1/28/07 ???????? Garrison Bay, Lake Mille Lacs (Garrison, MN) State Championship FINALS

I hope some of you can make to the races .

Here are the next scheduled races.Feb. 3........ Deep Lake Lodge-Iron River, WI IRMXA

Feb. 10 & 11 ......................................... Allouez Bay-Superior, WI NCRP

Feb 17..............................................Flying Eagle Resort-Iron River, WI IRMXA

Feb. 24 & 25... King of the Lake Classic at Allouez Bay-Superior, WI NCRP

cdale55

#6 Post by cdale55 »

Sounds like some of the big boys will coming up to race at some of these. ATV sport magazine said they are going to try and come up with Daryl Rath and race. It would be great to get a bunch of cannondales out there and win a bunch of these races. Maybe we could get in the magazine and give some exposure to the great people helping us out with these quads . Like Wistech, Timbo and Cannondale27 the only reason that I am running now.

As for me I moved up to the A and pro classes this year and have been doing well. The worst place the dale has placed is second (except for the race the tire blew off) Last race in the A we took a 1rst and in the pro class I took 2nd. I was leading the race for 3 laps but got into the snow in a corner and let a guy pass me. I race in the vet class but there has not been a real good showing I think the most qauds in a race has been 5. The dale has yet to loose in that class.

I am hoping we get Chad's (cdale21) qaud done in time for the next race I think he we be a force to recken with. The poor guy has been racing a 250r when he has a cannondale getting built and has been doing pretty good in the vet and the B. I will try and get some pics up soon. Anybody want to come race get ahold of me got plenty of room to stay if you like !!!

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (cdale55 @ Jan 17 2007, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been a fun year so far and am looking forward to racing next weekend . Sat. 1/27/07 ???????? Garrison Bay, Lake Mille Lacs (Garrison, MN)
Sun. 1/28/07 ???????? Garrison Bay, Lake Mille Lacs (Garrison, MN) State Championship FINALS

I hope some of you can make to the races .

Here are the next scheduled races.Feb. 3........ Deep Lake Lodge-Iron River, WI IRMXA

Feb. 10 & 11 ......................................... Allouez Bay-Superior, WI NCRP

Feb 17..............................................Flying Eagle Resort-Iron River, WI IRMXA

Feb. 24 & 25... King of the Lake Classic at Allouez Bay-Superior, WI NCRP

WHAT? No races in Florida this year? LOL biggrin.gif

Good Luck Neil!

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

We need to pick a weekend and take over the place like we did at Crandon last year. I love the look on thier faces when one or 2 Jap quads are lined up with a half dozen Dales. biggrin.gif We may not ride very good but we can swarm em.

theJeStEr1340

#9 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

you got a spare dale for me if I come up? Man that is tempting... I coudl only come up for a weekend with school though... hmmmm gotta check how much tickets would cost. So tempting.

5hrs and $422 round trip on a plane.. too bad work isn't more consistent.

cdale55

#10 Post by cdale55 »

Went racing this weekend after a long week building Chads quad and got mixed results. We had some problems with Chads quad and he didn't get to finish the day . But when he was running he was fast. Chad was in 2nd and was pushing the guy in 1rst . I am pretty sure Chad would have won that race if not for the problems. I had a few problems to . First I spun a flywheel and key in practice ( have anymore ice 17 ) then I had a problem with the quad freezing on me in the heat races but we got them worked out for the finals and took 2 firsts one in the A and one in the pro class. The temp was -3 where we where racing. Got some pics I will try and post or I will send them to John to post. The course was 1.2 miles long with some long straight aways. Probably the fastest I have ever raced on a quad. I hope John rubs some of his magic on Chads and my quad this week because next weekend there will be some very good riders at the track.