ATVA National at Ballance MotoX

hogman

#1 Post by hogman »

Hey guys just a quick report. Practice was yesterday and all was going well. The dale was running great as always and the more laps i put down the braver i was getting. That is until the last lap of the last practice the balls got a little too big but the throttle didnt match them so i cased a good size double really hard. I almost stopped completly. My left foot and ankle seemed to take most of the force and i was in some considerable pain. So back to the hotel i go on goes the ice and down go some painkillers. Today well i got up this morning still really sore but ALOT better. I stoped at a CVS and bought an ankle brace. Went to the track strapped on the brace and got geared up. So up to the gate i go im a little nervous not sure how much im going to be able to take but i gonna run anyway. Gate drops i pull a decent hole shot 5th or 6th i think but im kinda tentative and fall back a few places. So most of the first lap im in 10th and i realize hey it dosnt hurt that bad crank it up dummy!! So from then on i was on the gas running down people picking them off one at a time. So by the end of the race i manage to work my way back up to 6th and i was all over the bumper of the guy in 5th. If only i had one more lap i could have gotten 5th! Oh well not bad for running hurt. Well got one more moto tomarrow i see if i can pick up a few more places!!

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

I heard that they really beefed up some of the jumps just for this race. Good to hear that you are doing well even after the little mishap.

hogman

#3 Post by hogman »

I dont know if they did or not as i have never been here before but i do know that they did have to take about a foot off the top of one of the landings in the double double double section. I watched at least a dozen A riders crash on it during practice.

hogman

#4 Post by hogman »

Moto 2 report. Had a pretty decent start 5th or 6th i think. I manage to pass at 2 other riders in the first half of the first lap but one of them passes me back on the double i crashed on in practice. I keep pushing hard and pass the guy back in the whoops so im back in 4th and closing on the guys battleing for second. Second lap is more of the same im chasing the 2 guys still fighting for second. Third lap one of the 2 ahead of me crashes really hard on a double and is out of the race so now im in 3rd. Now that the guy in second is alone he pulls away from me so im all alone in 3rd and thats how i finish. So with a 6th in the first moto and a 3rd in moto2 i end up with 3rd over all. It was a tough weekend but had a great result in the end.

ACEwrench

#5 Post by ACEwrench »

Sweet man congrats!! you cant be to upset with that kinda result!!!!!

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Awesome! Podium finish thats great.

dalewannbe

#7 Post by dalewannbe »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ May 27 2007, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome! Podium finish thats great.

Great race, hope the ankle is feeling better.

hogman

#8 Post by hogman »

Thanks guys it was a rough but enjoyable weekend. I only wish i could run more races. So far this season ive only raced 2 nationals and im sitting in 7th place in points in open C, but ohwell i race when i can. Im only gonna make it to one more race this season at Unadilla at the end of july. I really like that track and i almost got second there last year and it was my first race on the dale so hopefully i can pull off a good weekend.

Sandstorm

#9 Post by Sandstorm »

WOW that's awsome!!

yamadjs08

#10 Post by yamadjs08 »

Cool report, nice work!