07 Crandon WI Harescramble,TT,MX

cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Having a great time.Iceracer,Peterock,Wistech,Mydreamride,Wistech,Cannondale27 and Wannablaze all showed for the racing.

Iceracer,Peterock and Mydreamride all ran the harescramble with respectable finishes.

TT in all the various classes we were all in the cannondales put in a respectable showing.Josh(wannablaze) got the Holeshot in the main against some real competition.Very impressive for his first race.My 450 was close as was Peterocks in our classes.Both of us holeshoted a very close 3rd and ended up same.

Was a few issues with batteries on two of the Dales and we had one Catastrophic engine failure.Looked like a old Wiseco let go and well you'll see.

Today is the Drag races and MX.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Good going guys! Let's hear some reports from the drag racing, very interested in the results!
Was it Wistech's or one of the newer ones that blew?

iceracer17

#3 Post by iceracer17 »

Boy maybe i should ride more than a few times a year.
Finished third in senoir class xc with the atk,i wonder if i get contingency?
It was only 40 minutes (5-6 laps) but my body today feels like it was in a ufc fight.Getting stuck on the same darn powder sand hill 3 times didn't help.lol Trail system was suppose to be closed until the xc races were over but i almost t-boned a ute on a fire road that we crossed not once but twice.Otherwise pretty uneventful for me.Just finishing without hitting a tree was reward enough for me.

Never seen a dale go through almost gallon of gas in 4 short little maybe 1/2mile tt laps(especially when one only has a gallon tank).So some were a little worried that 8 laps would be a bit to much. Well,we didn't need to worry about gas!.I'll leave it at that until other parties have pics.

peterock

#4 Post by peterock »

Yeah, it was definitely a good time. I spent a lot time running around trying to help coordinate some of the events but the racing was fun as well. I ended up getting 3rd overall in the Vet A class for the combination TT, MX, CC. TT was the funnest though. Especially the holeshot stretch. Not to many starts where you get to 5th gear pinned before the first corner. smile.gif

of course, you have to remember to brake well before you get to the corner though.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Here is a tease.Will make a final report tonight when some pics are posted.Had alot of fun.Need more power and a dedicated drag setup.

2000ex

#6 Post by 2000ex »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jul 30 2007, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a tease.Will make a final report tonight when some pics are posted.Had alot of fun.Need more power and a dedicated drag setup.

That is certainly catastrophic blink.gif

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

No way that was a Wiseco! LOL, It looks like a WWE wrist pin job to me. That sucks, must have ruined somebodys day! It's a good thing the starter is mounted there on our motors, it could definitely cause an ouchee if those parts kept going somewhere else.....like a fuel line.

blink.gif

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

Meh, just get it welded up. ohmy.gif

Sucks man, that is the worst failure to have too.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

That was a Wistechs St.Anthony with old Wiseco.I believe the piston cracked and then the wristpin.Probably from all the Nitrous runs!Will find out as soon as he takes it apart.

MX sunday Peterock and UPSman ran.I didnt get to see it since drags were running same time.But we all need to congratulate UPSman who finally got that elusive Holeshot he has been working so hard to get.Sounded like it was a big one also.Not sure where Pete finished.

Was some awesome quads at drags including HayabusaTurbo,R1turbo,Lots of snowmobilemotor even Nitrous snowmobilemotored 4x4.300ft drag and 300ft roost!

Wannablaze and I ran the drags 3classes for me and 2 for Wannablaze.I think the lack of practice,heat and long wait took its toll on both of us because I could not hit the light decently.I know you all dont want to hear excuses but I am telling you it was tough getting a decent start between wheeling and keeping it straight.Tons of traction.The Max Power quads were very fast most were lowered and really worked well.I dont believe I ever beat the Honda or LTR they had but I did beat the YFZ's.They pretty much won every class they were in.It smelled like they were running on Nitromethane so maybe thats what I will need to do when my big motor is ready.As far as mildly modded quads I believe we beat almost all of them.Except for one loss I had to a Predator where I was wheelying all over the track!A good example of power diff was race I had against one of the new KFX's.Once again I got a terrible start he had at least a 30 ft lead I beat him by about 10ft at end of 300ft.Well days like this make us work harder for the challenge.Next year hopefully we will be more prepared.Was another great time though.Lot of fun.Hey Pete I noticed we all got scored as ATK's!LOL.

Here is a few pics Wistech took.More coming later.

wanablaze

#10 Post by wanablaze »

I'm home. Feeling excited and a bit disappointed at the same time. My moto ran great, but I need to get in shape. I'm really glad I went and can't wait for next year.

I've never entered an organized race before, so I was a bit nervous entering the Open C TT class. I didn't know there was a beginner transfer class. Oh well. The TT staging area was a madhouse. I couldn't believe how many people showed up. The first heat I had last gate pic and was stuck on the outside on an off camber hill. I let off early and let the whole pack enter the first corner ahead of me. Glad I did, there were a few tangles and I immediately picked up a few positions. I made a few other passes, but wasn't counting. I was just concentrating on my speed and the lines I was taking.

I got fourth or fifth gate pic for the main event. I was second position from the outside wall. As soon as the flag dropped I took off in third gear. I approached the first jump in fifth gear and decided to keep it pinned. By the time I was back on the ground, the first corner was fast approaching. Iceracer had given me some advice that worked very well here. I used the front brakes to slow me down quickly while using the gas to steer the quad around the corner. At this point I realized that I was in first with nobody pushing/bumping me. I was getting nervous but wanted to keep the pace up. I started to really use my weight in the corners and to get traction out of the corners. There were quite a few times I came out of the corner or down a straightaway with the front wheels off the ground. A few laps of this reminded me how out of shape I was.

I'm not sure what lap I was on, but I was using the rear brakes to slide into a corner and I stalled the quad. Started right back up. I hadn't lost much space and knew I had to really move now that the field was right there with me. Kept going hoping I could pull a Cannondale27 and hold onto the lead. What happened next, I'm not sure anymore. I know the quad stalled, but I was not sure why. It would not restart. I sat next to a barrel and watched most of the pack pass me buy. I continued to crank her over and I didn't think it was going to happen. I thought I was going to have to be pushed back when it started cranking slow. Then, out of nowhere, she roared back to life. I put everything I had left into catch the pack. I ran out of time and ended up 6th out of 9th (one DNF, not me though!).

After the race, I drove back to the staging area to watch Steve, John, and Mike. I turned the moto off and it wouldn't restart. I had to bump start it. I rode back to the truck to find I had a dead battery. Wistech let me swap his battery in and she ran fine again. Now I need to get into shape and figure out what's killing my battery before the next TT race. I'm hooked!