07 Crandon WI Harescramble,TT,MX

UpsMan

#11 Post by UpsMan »

Yep, my first holeshot with this quad. There were only four of us in my class today, they were all ltr's except me. The start was real long to the first turn, had to be a couple hundred yards, and then you had to almost do a 180 to the right. I got out of the gate great and kept shifting and couldn't see anyone. It felt great. I over ran the corner of course, but I had such a jump that I straightened out and got back on course before anyone caught up. I held the lead for a lap and a half until the quad died for a second. It re-fired immediately, but that was the opening the guy needed to get by me. It died again later in the moto. All I could find wrong was the neg. battery cable slightly loose. Anyway, I ended up third. The second moto, I wheelied off the line and all four of us hit the first turn together and it was a lot of bumping a banging. I ended up last, but made one pass and got third, for third overall. The stalling issue never returned, so I'll assume it was the battery cable. This was a real fun track. I think it is the first time I have ever been in fifth gear wide open on an mx track. It was great to talk to C27 and Wistech, and great to meet wanablaze. Lots of fun. Next year I'm going to try to get vacation this week so I can enter all the events.

wanablaze

#12 Post by wanablaze »

I have to say thanx to everyone that came: Cannondale27, Wistech, Iceracer17, and the Cousins crew. I also met UPSman and peterock for the first time. Cannondale27 really helped me set up my suspension well and even lent me a pair of boots. I will be getting a new pair of my own very soon. Wistech, thanx for driving most of the way from your place to Crandon. I hope that I can help you more with your quad next time. I can't wait to see that Saint Anthony's Special run on the bottle!

See you all at Jainesville September 9th!

p.s. Here's a few pics I took:

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

Sounds like a blast. Wish we had something like that around here. So when you guys say TT you are not using slicks though??

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

No its really not a TT like normal.Its basicly a well used MX track about 50ft wide on the straights.They Offroad race trucks on it.Some areas have a bluegroove but where its bluegrooved its rough as heck.Alot of areas are just loose and one of the chicanes had some ruts in it.So slicks wont work unless you count the Hoosier TriTraks.Some guys ran them.Pretty much a huge very fast MX without doubles or whoops.With two chicanes added which were tighter than something you would see at a MX.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Looking for pics of track found this video of local racer last year at CORR race.
http://www.johnnygreaves.com/media.htm

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Well I guess Wistechs motor felt lonely.I heard a noise at drags and sure enough issue.Another decomp. dry.gif
Full report here:
http://cannondalecentral.com/forums/showth...p=5266#post5266