AGP RD #5 North American Warhorse

Derno24

#1 Post by Derno24 »

Well first and foremost I have to say as of late I really didn't want to touch my Dale as all it has caused me was heartache. After last years 12hr success I kind of took my time getting all the parts back together for the quad and really thought about selling it off as I just didn't need the extra quad in the garage. It really didn't help when I started off the season with a win, but things started changing and bad luck started piling up. Next race I finished 6th due to a chain that popped on the zuki. Next race 5th when the zuki met with a boulder the size of a cadilac. Then I finally got my shocks finished and ecided it was time to give the old girl a try. Tested it out at a friends house for over an hour and she didn't miss a beat. I was pumped to be back on the quad I started all this on. I was happy and looking to give out the whoopins on the woods tank. Well that theory didn't last long as the flywheel spun less than a 1/4 mile into the race. Let's just say I am glad there wasn't a match around.

Welcome PAPA (Kdeal) into the mix. He calmed me down and talked me into giving it one more shot helped me out with a flywheel and I got her ready for war this past sunday.

The terrain was nasty PA boulders and tight trails and the compettiton now had 3 full races o my roughly 4 laps. Not to promising if you ask me, but I wasn't shying from the challenge. The Dale was all ready and so was I. I was shaky on the reliability, but I knew I could get it done if the quad stayed with me. The flag dropped and she fired right up. I stab the throttle and she died. Oh well a couple cranks and off I went. I was hammering through the dust trying to catch the leaders and it was working slowly.

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

Well it turns out I caught up fairly quickly and snaked my way through some of the traffic and somehow managed to take the lead for a little. The guy who is leading our class on his 450r slipped by me, but we were still in a line and he wasn't getting away. Now I know this sounds silly, but my time off of my dale was showing as I was fighting the quad anstead of racing it. I just wasn't as comfortable on it as I would have liked. We get to the end of the first lap and I was in sight of first and third was in sight of me. We all battled swapping spots till almost the end of the 2nd lap when 1st snuck away from me and 3rd dropped off. Just befoe the end of the 2nd lap I noticed first sitting on the side of the track. He snapped a spindle and he was done. Now it was all me. As the laps progressed I started getting more and more comfortable and felt better riding the Dale. Finally on the last lap I knew it felt like I belonged riding that machine. We were flying out there. Crossed the line first in Vet B and 10th Overall. Not a bad day at the office.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

[attachment=4226:DSC_0102.JPG]
[attachment=4227:DSC_0108.JPG]
[attachment=4228:DSC_0042.JPG]

Just a couple pics for you guys

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

Congratulations, that is awesome!

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep, I'll second that "awesome", Ron!

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Thanks guys! I needed this bad luck has been a plenty on any machine. She ran hard and fast. As I got comfortable I was shaving 15secs a lap.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool!Thinking about 12hr again?

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

Already started working on it. If I am not racing I may be going to help another Cannondale team.

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

Great Job Ron!

biggrin.gif

fig

#10 Post by fig »

Great race! Thanks for the pictures.