NEATV Round 6

2000ex

#1 Post by 2000ex »

This was the 6th round of the NEATV-MX series. The race was at Jolly Rodger MX track in Lempster, NH. It is a pretty wide open high speed track with a lot of natural elevation changes. The last race I went to was round 4 and it was the first race I had ran for the season...needless to say at that point I was NOT in any shape at all and was looking to change that outcome today.

Moto #1 Pulled 2nd off the holeshot even with a bad start out of the box. The Timbo stroker PULLS! Was chasing down 1st place on Lap 3 of 4 and getting my goggles constantly covered in mud roost. At that point I kept searching for that last tearoff which was not there. My goggles were completely covered. I had to slow down so several people passed. Talk about frustrating. I managed to try and navigate the track being able to see through the mud covered lens, however I managed to launch myself off the bike into the woods and down a ravine. I got pulled out and salvaged getting a DNF but I finished dead last.
Not a good start to the day when something as stupid as goggle issues on a dry day cost you a race.

Moro #2. I had the last gate all the way on the outside and thankfully for the Dale HP I walked by almost the whole class on the start and was in 2nd. Thankfully it was not as wet and I managed to hold on to 2nd for the 2nd moto. Still not in the riding condition I would like to be in, but a huge improvement over my last outing.

In all a great day and people in my class are wondering where did that guy come from. Dont know if the rest of you guys with the 250r kits get those looks, but people walk by the pits trying to figure out what the **** kind of bike that is.

Round 7 is on in 2 weeks and I am hungry for a 1st place finish.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Awesome!Isnt it great to be able to be laughing all the way to first corner over how easy it is to lead those guys?

2000ex

#3 Post by 2000ex »

Here are some pics of the race.

Moto 1 Feelin' the squeeze
[attachment=4234:TheSqueeze.jpg]

Hangin it out
[attachment=4232:Hangin.jpg]

In 2nd searching for the last tearoff
[attachment=4233:tearoffsearch.jpg]

Moto 2 Gate, last spot on the gate
[attachment=4229:Gate_Moto2.jpg]

Makin the Dale work..#48 is a 520 Ice Cube 450r smile.gif
[attachment=4230:Dale_Pulling.jpg]

Jumping off suicide....it is at the top of a VERY steep drop, pics do not do it justice. It is a kicker with a blind landing where you come up, just see sky then are free fallin.
[attachment=4231:Suicide.jpg]

311racer

#4 Post by 311racer »

good job! I really like the last pic. Keep up the good work.