NEATV Round 8

2000ex

#1 Post by 2000ex »

Race taking place at Capeway Rovers MX track in Middleboro, MA. Home of the oldest MX track on the east coast. It is a pretty technical track with not a lot of elevation changes, lots of bermless corners, and off-cambers. I got to the track late so I got the last gate pick. The holeshot is not a long one and swings tight into a right hander that is wide enough to fit MAYBE 2 bikes wide. Gate drops and I am off to a good start, looking at the barrel at the first turn and take a big holeshot. All alone out front I manage to open up a pretty big lead on the rest of the pack.
[attachment=4356:Holeshot1.jpg]

After lap 2 I start cruising as not to make any stupid mistakes.
[attachment=4357:jump3.jpg]

Going into the last turn before the checkers I get a rock jammed in my wheel sending me into the berm. I managed to get out of the berm and back on the track, but the rock was still jammed and stalled me out. Bike will not fire, and 6 people pass me until I managed to get her started and over the finish. Talk about frustrating mad.gif

Moto #2 I wheelied off the start and stalled the machine on the line. Takes me 30 seconds to get it going and I am in dead last. I managed to pick off half the guys at the end of 4 laps and salvaged an 8th place finsh in moto#2. Not a bad day, but could have been much better
with some luck and better riding.

On a side note, local Pro Josh Creamer was there on his KFX factory Kawi and put on quite a show. He actually started racing on a Cannondale about 5 years ago.