GNCC RAce at Powerline Park Ohio

Blackwidow440

#1 Post by Blackwidow440 »

Hey I race at Powerline Park in Ohio, the only cannondales that I saw were my brother and I we both raced in the open C 16-19 class in the morning the only thing that I did not like was the fact that the track was very dusty and that was it other than that I really enjoyed the track there was alot of high speed striaght aways and the woods were very fast as well. My brother and I both broke the arms on our scotts steering dampers but that didnt stop us. I finshed 10th and my brother fought his way back up to 18th after flipin his quad on the first lap.

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

Way to represent!...but how do you break the arm on your stabilizer? Seems like the tie rods would bend first.

Blackwidow440

#3 Post by Blackwidow440 »

well I belive the reason the arm broke was because i had put the damper on at 6:30 in the morning with limited light and i had it lined uo striaght but i think maybe i didnt have the bracket bscrewed down tight enough and from that I belive the damper moved over and put to much preasure on the arm and snaped it. But it is a easy fix I can easy make one of my own I have seen randys and he said that he had broke the arm that came with his and he just made one himself.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Oh I see.

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

Good Job! Good to hear you both made it out in one piece. The GNCC's are a heck of an experience. Any good battles to tell about?

Blackwidow440

#6 Post by Blackwidow440 »

**** in our class my bro and i were going at it for about two laps then i dont know wat happened i looked back and he wasnt there anymore. In the pro class there were all kinds of battles there were alot of lead changes, but in the end of the race it had appeared that Chris Borich had won the race by 23 sec over Bill Balance, but at the 11 mile marker there was a creek they were running through and apparently Ballance fans lead Borich off course which is how Borich passed Ballance and one of the Ballance fans had it all on tape and there was a big protest about it all and in the end Ballance won and Borich was knocked back to third and he didnt even show up to the podium.

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

Wow, that is a perspective I never thought about. This could get ugly. Ballance vs. Borich is about like nascar rivalries.

If the ballance camp has anything to do with the random ballance fans waving borich off the trail, it is really sad. On the other hand, if all that is untrue and is something that Borich made up as an excuse, I think that is even worse.

In my book fans/spectators are 3rd party. Racers and track officials are the only people that you pay attention to while you're out racing. If you take a line because spectators tell you, whatever the consequence turns out to be, is your fault good or bad.

DMAC10

#8 Post by DMAC10 »

The video was actually taken by an official. The story is on the GNCC web site.

Around here in B.G. Ky, the story is that it was some of Borich's people that were blocking the shortcut and once Bill passed they opened it and waved Borich through. But either way he knew it was wrong, because it was about a 300 yard short cut.

For him not even go to the podium afterwards, looks like he was guilty of something.

There have been rumors that this has happened before from Borichs camp, but finally some firm evidence.

Its bad that something like this has to happen, its been a very exciting season, and now this wil be what a lot of people remember as well as BIll winning a gain.

Just my 2 cents worth.

250rmike

#9 Post by 250rmike »

they have a video up and it was a clear cut i was reading about it on another forum. i dont know why the fans waved bill by and then waved borich to take the cut that is something only they know but i beleive the penatly was justified ill try to get a link to the video up

Blackwidow440

#10 Post by Blackwidow440 »

well there are always rumors way it comes to stuff like this and it really sad that it had to happen to chris because now he doesnt stand a chance to win the championship this year. But here like they say there is always next year.