12hr's of America this saturday

Derno24

#1 Post by Derno24 »

Well it is that time of year again. The 12 hr is upon us and the team is set. Weather looks to be dry and I was told dust may be a concern. I remember last year there were a couple straights where the dust was starting to kick up. Not a problme during the day, but at night you can't see more than 10 ft. Well my team would like to thank Timbo for the 12hr quad. I have been told the motor is even better than last years 12hr motor which was pretty darn good. We would also like to thank Randy at RAB Offroad for doing the rest of the prep work. As a team there are several things we are adding and changing on the quad to help run longer and faster. Oh yeah Tireballs are already in the mix and a full built suspension with less than 5hrs on the whole thing. Not taking any chances this year.

The team:

Randy Brandt
Mike Kyte
and of course me.

I feel this is the most talented team I have been a part of to date. We are excited to represent the Cannondale community once again.

I do know also there is another dale team coming from Texas. Speed450mx and Yellowrocket. These guys are awesome people and I am sure they too are looking forward to bringing home a podium.

I should be in contact with Jesshamner and probably Kdeal. So check back often race time starts 8am Texas time. Not sure as I live on the East coast. We are leaving Thursday early in the AM we will be taking alot of pics and even some video.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow two teams!That is awesome.Slight possibility I may come to spectate.If at all possible I will be there since I think this is going to be the biggest event Cannondale has ever entered without a doubt.Will start a donation thread going like we did last year.Both these teams deserve our help for sure.Just think just last year we all were just hoping for a finish.Now we are all hoping for some butt kicking we know our motors can run just as long as any others!Go Get'em guys!

dalewannbe

#3 Post by dalewannbe »

Good luck to both Teams. Derno, hopefully you have no problems this year and hopefully Randy can make it the whole race! I can't wait to see how you do.

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

Steve I have some pics, but can't post them from last year. I am getting excited to get to Texas. I am hoping this is the year!

wayneschofield

#5 Post by wayneschofield »

12 hrs should be a long enough test for the flywheel......

Good luck everybody.....

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

Let's see there are roughly 60 or so teams here not to bad. The track could be fun or could stink all depends on the dust. It is really dry out here. We had our interview and such. We will be Team Quadbuilder.Net. I want to thank everyone for the well wishes and it does help knowing you guys have our back.

Borich, Bithell, and Natalie look to be the team to beat. The new artic Cat thundercat 1000 is here and man does it sound ticked. Talked to Jesse West who said it runs top speed somewhere close to 90 mph. Not bad for this track. We walked most of the track very fast. The other pro teams that I caught are the Miller brothers team and team shrum racing. If there is any team you wish for me to track let me know as soon as possible so I can relay the information.

Race starts 8am Texas time. Or 9am EST.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Good Luck guys!

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

I'm looking forward to the first call Derno! Good luck out there!

Dachshund

#10 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Nov 9 2007, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The new artic Cat thundercat 1000 is here and man does it sound ticked.

That made me laugh.

What classes are the two teams running and their numbers?

Gonna root for ya on the live feed.

Really hope the quads run perfect all day.

Good luck to all the riders. Bring it home for USA.