12hr's of America this saturday

peterock

#31 Post by peterock »

Good job guys.

That is one thing I learned from doing two of these races. Bring everything including the kitchen sink. and.................preparation. Double and triple check everything. Locktite, grease, etc. And then do a practice run and go everything again so you can see what you need to maintain through the race. But good job.

Speed 1B

#32 Post by Speed 1B »

Nice job guys. Its good to see the teams had a good showing against teams with pro riders and no budgets.

It would be easy to ride a yamaha or honda but you guys chose to stick with the dale. Everyone here really appriciates it.

speed 450mx

#33 Post by speed 450mx »

We ran the Blackwidow cannondale all but 7 laps. Thanks

Derno24

#34 Post by Derno24 »

Ours was not a matter of preparation rather a silly mistake that snowballed the rest of the day. We went out on tim's quad and Randy was doing well only to have the rear wheel fly off when he was almost finished the lap. He went straight to the impound retrived his quad and started another lap. without getting scored on the previous lap. This was their rules not ours. Most other races he should have been able to re enter where he left and finish the lap. He never got towed in or needed assistance. We rode Randy's quad (a cannondale) for 8 laps. He came through wanted to switch with Mike's honda couldn't get it fired and came down pit row. We should have fueled him then, but no one was thinking about that. Randy went down over the logs quad wasn't running too well and he went straight to the pits and got Mikes Honda. We decided after handing the other teams to much of a start to stick to one machine. So towards the end of the first session we switched quads back to Tims and replaced the tire. Now we were back on the Dale. Only to have oil spewing out of it after 2 more laps in the 2nd session. Back to the pits I went and we decided not to make any more switches unless it was necessary. As we would have had to get lights off Tim's dale for Randy's. You would think that would have been easy, but it would have required riding in and out of the impound twice to do this switch. Very time prohibitive to do this. There doesn't seem to be too much reason behind the impound other than to have backup quads. As most of the teams doing the switching were doing it to keep time spread amongst the machines. All I know is even after all of this and more we were on the lead lap at the end and I can't tell you how much we as a team would have preferred to be running that dale. As Tim's motor had better top end which would have helped on this fast track.

cdale55

#35 Post by cdale55 »

does this race change places every year ? Do you know where next year is going to be I would love to try this !

Derno24

#36 Post by Derno24 »

Last two years were in Texas although I have heard rumors it may be moving again.

NRath

#37 Post by NRath »

Good Job making it to the end you guys! It looks like a fun event. Kind of surprising Derno and co. were on the lead lap with the winning team- or did I misunderstand? they must've had some problems, too.

How did the bike swapping and impound thing work? After the tire was lost, how'd you end up in impound? Did you get the wheel/tire back? Did it kill the AL center of the wheel- I'm sure it was a Hiper.

So, where was the oil coming from?

peterock

#38 Post by peterock »

Wow, looks like a little controversy with the 12hrs.
http://www.atvscene.com/forums/index.php?s...20&start=20

Not the first time things didn't go as "planned" for this event. Wonder if it'll be around next year?

To sum up the post. It looks like the 2nd place team wasn't too happy about how/what they needed to do to get the $4000 they had coming to them. Judge for yourselfs of course but either way stuff like this is what can kill an event. Riders need to trust the promoter is going to deliver what is promised and when it is promised. Only Pellan knows the truth behind everything but this may have just put the final dagger in the event.

Yellowrocket440

#39 Post by Yellowrocket440 »

I my opinion, their scoring wasn't the best, but its was better than last year... they got your laps messed up and didnt get a few laps recorded which prolly caused us to be in sixth place ,which we should have been in 5th place!!! We heard some people were mad about not get there money in other class who got 1st or 2cd... Since all class were able to win money supposably!!!! we enjoyed the races other than those problems and hope to do it again next year if possible!!!!

cannondale27

#40 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow.I will say he knows how to promote a event.When he did the TT races they were the best.Hope he isnt ripping the racers off though.Not good.