NEATV Round 1

2000ex

#1 Post by 2000ex »

Round 1 was this past weekend for the New England ATV Motocross Series at Jolly Roger MX track in Lempster, NH.

LOTS of Kawi's there in full force and they are paying a pretty large contingency money for the pro and pro-am and even for the other classes. Joe Havvisto went 1-1 in the open pro class and earned a nice $750 for the win.

Anyhow I am running the 30+ class on my dale. There is another competitor in my class running one as well. We were the lone dale guys there today.

I was sleeping on the first gate and got a poor start probably 8th or 9th out of the hole, but managed to pass most of the class on the first lap to move into a 3rd place position. First and second were pulling away from the pack and I managed to almost reel in the guy in 2nd ( I was on his bumper at the finish) and take a 3rd place finish for moto #1. I was pretty pleased being the first race of the year, still have work to do .

Moto 2 I got a bit of a better start, but still not where I need to be. I think I was 4th or 5th and the track at this point was in horrible shape. Huge holes and a large amount of rocks were causing the most flats I have seen at a race. It was just a matter of having the stamina and the ability to keep the tires on the bike. Tireballs would have sold out today smile.gif. I again managed to pass a few of the guys and moved into 3rd with the same two out front. At this point arm pump was kicking in pretty bad due to the track conditions and I was all over the guy in 2nd. He managed to make a mistake and spin out in a corner allowing me to make the pass for 2nd. I then took a bad line and he managed to pass me back at the last corner before the checkers flew. 3-3 for the day I was pleased but not satisfied with my finish.

Next weekend ought to be a good one with an XC race on Sat then I head to NY at Walden for Round 2 of NEATV on Sunday. I should be in shape soon enough after a few more of these weekends smile.gif

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

Third & third thats a great finish,good luck!

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Awesome!Thats a tough series.Lot of good competition.Great job.

2000ex

#4 Post by 2000ex »

It is the largest MX series in the country next to the nationals and definitely has some stiff competition.

A lot of fast guys in New England. Josh Creamer, Joe Haavisto, Nate Morello, Jasmine Plante, Mike Walsh, and a lot of guys got their starts here. Some weekends when a few of those guys show up along with some other national riders and the local pros you get some furious racing going on. They do a great job putting it together as well.

Thanks for the props guys, I hope to start picking up the pace and getting a few wins under my belt soon.