NEATV Round 3

2000ex

#1 Post by 2000ex »

Round 3 is back at Jolly Roger MX track in NH. Great day for racing, and the best ATV racing other than the nationals going on at the same time. Joe Haavisto and Jasmine Plante had a fantastic battle all day long with the nod going to Plante in the Pro Class and Haavisto in the Pro-Am.

My first moto did not start off well, as the gate dropped a machine 3 gates over from me wheelied into my line and flipped right in front of me. I got tangled up in that mess and managed to completely snap off my nice Quadtech hood so I left 2nd to last of the 19 competitors and was on a mission.
[attachment=6366:Crash2.jpg][attachment=6367:Jollycrash.jpg]

I just put my head down and went to work on the rest of the field. I think by the end of the 1st lap I managed to pass half the field and was in 8th position. I was not counting positions, just focused on riding at my absolute best. I came up on a pack of 4 riders and knew it would be a problem passing them in a pack so I held my position and started to pick them off one by one.

[attachment=6369:Onthemove.jpg]

I passed through that pack however time was running out. I think I managed to pass 2 more on the final lap and to my surprise I managed to finish 2nd in the first moto. I was pleased with how I rode other than the issue at the start.

Moto 2, my good luck continued as I managed to pull a huge holeshot and got to ride my race with nobody out front.
[attachment=6368:Holeshot.jpg]

The times I get out in front I always manage to somehow have bad luck or make a mistake that costs me. This time was different as I rode hard and smart and took the checkers for first overall. This was my first time winning an overall in a MX race and I must say it feels pretty good. It makes me hungrier to keep practicing and improving for the next race.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow thats awesome!You must have been a little mad to have passed that many in first moto.Then Holeshot!Great job.Congratulations.

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

That is really awesome that you had 19 guys in the +30 class. We are lucky to get 10. Very good job!

2000ex

#4 Post by 2000ex »

Thanks guys, I wish someone took a pic of the holeshot...my only hope is ATVriders who was there covering the race. We have a LOT of local photographers who take some phenominal shots. Here are a few.