NECC XC Final Round

2000ex

#1 Post by 2000ex »

With the Vet B Class Championship wrapped up, I moved up to the A Class from the old man's Vet B class with the hopes of there being a few more riders in the class. I rolled up to the line only to find ONE other racer in my class. Got a bad start into the woods and we were setting into a pretty good pace. We managed to catch the pro's half way through the 1st lap. I was behind the 2nd place pro rider for a good 3 laps making him push the pace when I noticed he lost his skidplate, then the rear brake rotor. I thought it would be a matter of time before the chain was gone so I set back and waited to put on the charge on the final lap. I was trying everything I could to get around him and I thought the only place where I could make a pass was on one of the uphills. It was not to be as my steering became VERY loose and I let him go. I limped in the last lap first in class and 3rd overall. The bushing in my antivibe stem blew apart. That is it for my race reports for the season. Time to take the bikes down for inspection, but my only DNF's for the year in both MX and XC was due to losing tierod ends, breaking a stem plate and a crash. No mechanical failures so I am pleased with that.

Derno, I missed you at the final round! It was not the same without another dale to battle with smile.gif

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Good job Wes! I think Derno is moving to the rocking chair class! laugh.gif

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Great Job! Enjoyed all your reports. You had a great year. Great feeling to only need maintainence at end of year also eh

2000ex

#4 Post by 2000ex »

Thanks guys. I love to just go out there and show people that 7-8 year old 4 stroke technology with minimal modifications can whoop some azz on the latest and greatest machines out there with 20K into them. At the beginning of the year all I would hear is when is that thing is going to blow up? or I used to have one of them and glad I sold it...now they seem to know better and shut their mouths smile.gif I get a lot of 2nd looks in the pits with people asking "what is that thing? It flys!"