Second race with the Moto

SlOoT

#1 Post by SlOoT »

Today I had my second race with the Moto.

I installed a gutted toaster exhaust on the Moto, coz the FMF is to loud, even with the quiet-core. So I had less HP. But that didn't make any difference.

Free practice went very good.

First moto did not go very good. About 20 quads at the start. I had a good start and had a top 10 position after a few corners. But about half way in the first lap I heard loud noises from the engine and then it stalled. It did not seize. I did not try to start it and pushed it of the track back to the trailer.

I removed the flywheel cover and then I saw that the flywheel has 3 big cracks in it. Next thing I noticed was that the flywheel is lose, but it's not lose on the crank.... so I think my crankashaft broke....

Gonna tear the engine apart tomorrow.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Cripes Class900 and I were just talking on phone a hour ago about that happening to MyDreamride and Kara Korns cranks.Those are only other two I have ever heard of.Not sure it makes you feel any better but at least you know its kinda rare.Your crank was a stock stroke right?

SlOoT

#3 Post by SlOoT »

Jup, stock stroke with Z400 bearing. Will make some pictures tomorrow.

SlOoT

#4 Post by SlOoT »

Got the engine apart now. Also took some pictures, will upload later today.

The crank broke in half as I thought.

Some other things I noticed are that the piston hit the head and also hit one exhaust valve.
And the scavange pump for the head broke, something got in there. Looks like maybe a piece from a valve spring (there is a topic about that somewere here).

So I'm also gonna do a head rebuild...

I got my next race next saturday, and my spare engine is not done yet...

bummer

theJeStEr1340

#5 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

This thread is useless without pics. I want to see some pics of that beauty in action and that crank.

kevin444

#6 Post by kevin444 »

where did you find this pic! awsome

SlOoT

#7 Post by SlOoT »

I have posted a new topic with pictures from the crank. And in my topic about my first race there are 2 pictures. Those are the only pictures I have.