First cross country race!

Speedy2222

#1 Post by Speedy2222 »

Well me and my roommate have decided to do some cross country racing and our first race is saturday in canaan, in. Still have a little more work to do to my dale but it should be a good time. Will be posting post race pics & results after the race of coarse

Brad77

#2 Post by Brad77 »

Good luck on the race and let us know how it turns out. You got that quad looking sharp. I really like the way that rear wheel and tire combo looks.

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

Yes,good luck and have fun!

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

I hear good things about the MAXC series. Good luck.

Speedy2222

#5 Post by Speedy2222 »

thanks guys, will keep ya updated on what happens. I still have to get my throttle body calibrated and load a map, then run some more break in and i will be ready to go!

NRath

#6 Post by NRath »

Quad is looking ready! Sounds like a good time!

Racing stories are good, Cannondale racing stories are better!! Looking forward to hearing it.

Go out to just have fun, don't try to set the world on fire the first race.

Speedy2222

#7 Post by Speedy2222 »

Well went and spent $500 today on odds and ends. bought a new set of tec 3's, some new pants, pro taper bars, and some other stuff. Anyway put my brand new battery in( since my deka died over winter) and decided to try and start it. not even 2 cranks without priming it( had tried starting the day before with priming but battery was dead) it fired and purred like a kitten. Tomorrow will be a day of rounding up some missing bolts, calibrating the throttle & getting really pumped up!!!

Speedy2222

#8 Post by Speedy2222 »

she's all broken in, bolts are in place, oil is changed. I think it's a little lean on the very top end but i am going to try to keep it out of the higher rpms and should be a good race tomorrow

MX Quad Dad

#9 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Good Luck.

Speedy2222

#10 Post by Speedy2222 »

Had a great start off the line, at the holeshot corner i was in 3rd, slamed through the creek crossing and was getting ready to pass 2nd and stalled it. got it fired back up and took off up a huge hill climb in 5th place. quad was running great, track was perfect, ran into the 2 mile marker and was bottlenecked with a 400ex who couldn't make a hill climb, he moved out of the way and i went to take a run at it, got 3/4 the way up it and lost all forward momentum. Rolled back down and went to take another run at it and couldn't move. Something inside my clutch gave out.

Me and my roommate signed up as 1st year racers which is row 11 in this series, my buddy by the time he got to the second lap was already racing with the class we will be in next year, row 7. I was right on him until we hit that bottleneck otherwise i am pretty sure we would of had a 1 & 2 finish. He wound up breaking his shifter in half on the start of the 2nd lap.