Ice racing Algona IA 2013

haulinit

#1 Post by haulinit »

I made the 4hr drive to northern IA to do some ice racing. It was a very trying day, the Dale didn't want to start coming off the trailer, it finally started. I went out for practice and man does this thing run...that was the first time I have put ANY time on the new motor. Went out for the first heat was running third, going down the front stretch about 6 laps in the race the motor backfired and died. It restarted about 10 minutes later in the pits. Went out for the LCQ pulled the hole shot about half way down the straight it popped and died again...it went on the trailer after that and we headed home. Rolled it in the garage after I got home hit the button fired off and idled. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet mad.gif On top of all this my GoPro decided not to charge apparently so no video, but I did find some photos...so enjoy the links!

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

dalewannbe

#2 Post by dalewannbe »

QUOTE (haulinit @ Feb 6 2013, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I made the 4hr drive to northern IA to do some ice racing. It was a very trying day, the Dale didn't want to start coming off the trailer, it finally started. I went out for practice and man does this thing run...that was the first time I have put ANY time on the new motor. Went out for the first heat was running third, going down the front stretch about 6 laps in the race the motor backfired and died. It restarted about 10 minutes later in the pits. Went out for the LCQ pulled the hole shot about half way down the straight it popped and died again...it went on the trailer after that and we headed home. Rolled it in the garage after I got home hit the button fired off and idled. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet mad.gif On top of all this my GoPro decided not to charge apparently so no video, but I did find some photos...so enjoy the links!

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Cool pictures.
Check where you plug in for the crank sensor. I had mine come loose once, it was actually broke, and quad died on me a few times like you described before I figured out what the problem was.

Good luck, I would check your ground connection, and battery connections as well.

One last suggestion, is how old are your fuel lines.

haulinit

#3 Post by haulinit »

All fuel lines are brand new due to the duel fuel set up. It can be ran on E85 or VP C12 so I had to upgrade the fuel lines. I'm thinking either coil,spark plug,spun flywheel,and will check the crank sensor could also be a pesky ground.

dalewannbe

#4 Post by dalewannbe »

QUOTE (haulinit @ Feb 7 2013, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All fuel lines are brand new due to the duel fuel set up. It can be ran on E85 or VP C12 so I had to upgrade the fuel lines. I'm thinking either coil,spark plug,spun flywheel,and will check the crank sensor could also be a pesky ground.

If the flywheel is spun it, I don't think it would start or run. Has your tank connectors been gutted?

haulinit

#5 Post by haulinit »

They are not factory connectors (which are also new).

Bvcracingcdale

#6 Post by Bvcracingcdale »

any luck figuring it out??

sweet pics by the way.... man do i miss ice racing, havnt done it since 2006

haulinit

#7 Post by haulinit »

I think it was as simple as the plug was fouled just enough that it would restart but when it got spun up it wouldn't light. I replaced the plug, my brother and I both ran it at some indoor dirt circle track and it ran just fine.