flat track oval & tt racing

cdalepilot

flat track oval & tt racing

#1 Post by cdalepilot »

are there any fellow cdalers that flat track or tt race their cannondales.how do you have your bike set-up. i've already got my bike wide enough,but now i need too lower it , i talked to a few places about flattrack shocks ,but can't find anybody that builds lowering kits for cdales .i need to find a swaybar also, any info would be

dawzie

#2 Post by dawzie »

havn't seen a lowering kit. We run ZPS shocks, so it's easy to lower. I think my sway bar is a dura-blu, very happy with that. You will find that trying to widen it by reversing the rims aint the answer. When you can afford it get +2 or +3 a-arms.

autox7

#3 Post by autox7 »

Try these folks out:

www.afcoracing.com

The ATV shock section is a little bit weak, but if you call and ask to speak with Dan the shock guy, he will definately take care of you. I called them Monday, and had my shocks on Wednesday. Plus they are about $250-300 less than all of the big name shock dealers.

I used a lowering kit for a 400EX for one race, and I would not recommend doing that. It can be made to work, but it throws the front end geometry (sp?) all out of whack. Essentially you end up with a whole bunch of negative camber, and the bump steer is horrible.

I use a Durablue Sway bar, but I can not find a good way to mount it. If somebody has some suggestions please throw them my way. It is mounted now, but I don't like the way that it looks.

There are 2 others around here that run flat track too. If he wants to chime in on their set ups I wil let him.

DirtDragon

#4 Post by DirtDragon »

I had my local shop add ZPS springs to my stock Ohlins shocks. It cost like $5 per shock. This made the rear perfect at it's lowest setting. The fronts are even more adjustable but be careful you don't hit your frame if there are any jumps on the course. You can get the springs from PEP.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

I did the same as dirtdragon.ZPS springs are from AC snomobile.

Big Winky

#6 Post by Big Winky »

27, did you see the swaybar we had on john's moto at ashtabula? It was the proptotype we built and fits like a glove.
going to be building a couple more with the gingerbread on them (chromed, alum arms, an such) pm me if interested.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

No I didnt really look at it.Do you have a picture?Will it work with Ohlins Rezzys?

dawzie

#8 Post by dawzie »

Hey 27, lets talk more about these AC springs. I'm taking my stock a-arms and putting +3's on, need to up-grade springs

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

I am pretty sure they are from a 2000 sno-pro.I will get the part number.I am going to run my quad setup this way all the time.(mx,TT,XC)So far it seems as though I wont have to revalve the shocks.I only weigh 140 though.If you run +3 arms make sure you get 4-1 rims or you will need to revalve and will be to wide.Being low like this zps sure improves handling!

theJeStEr1340

#10 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

does any one have the part numbers ? for the zps ?