Moto vs 09yfz450 efi

cannondale32

#1 Post by cannondale32 »

I have a buddy that always bad mouthed dales and wanted to race. So we raced in front of his house and when we took off his front end came up and I kept mine down and I took the lead and never saw him since. I bought mine off a local guy that used to race and he took took it to Henry opperman and Henry had someone build the motor it's supposedly been dynoed at 61 hp.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Henry Opperman? I think i have a bunch of his dyno charts on file. He used to hang with Guy Sutton and another Indiana guy with the Protomoto. Wow that brings back memories.

who_gives_a6

#3 Post by who_gives_a6 »

The YFZR's are dogs stock. I have one as well as the Dales. The Dales have a harder hit and more power than the YFZR, even when equally modded I've discovered. But the power on the YFZR is much more manageable, which makes it faster in a lot of aspects. Handling when equally modded goes to the R too as much as I hate to say it.

The dales shock people when they ride mine, but I'm a lot faster overall on the YFZR. I've never been able to get the power band feel I want out of my Dales. Have tried multiple engine setups, maps, and cam timing. Lots of good results, but never gave me what I wanted.

ShifT714

#4 Post by ShifT714 »

Cannondale32 what part of Indiana do you live in? Moving down by Lowell in the next few weeks..

cannondale32

#5 Post by cannondale32 »

The yfz had a dasa exhaust intake and a power commander. But I'm about an hour directly east of Lowell and wins tech if you could, try and find a dyno sheet for my quad, the original owner was Larry fisher and he took it to Henry and Henry had a guy in Wisconsin do the porting so I always assumed it was you. Just haven't had time to get a hold of you and ask.

cannondale32

#6 Post by cannondale32 »

Also the guy I got it from raced indoor mx and was heavily into it.

ShifT714

#7 Post by ShifT714 »

Awesome!! Once I get moved out there we'll have to go riding! Any good places out there?

joep1219

#8 Post by joep1219 »

cool to see that i'm not the only guy left in north west indiana that still rides a dale! are you going to the grass race?

cannondale32

#9 Post by cannondale32 »

What grass race ? Lol I'm planning in goin to hang time at Akron this coming weekend. As long as I get my shocks back In time.

joep1219

#10 Post by joep1219 »

QUOTE (cannondale32 @ Sep 29 2014, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What grass race ? Lol I'm planning in goin to hang time at Akron this coming weekend. As long as I get my shocks back In time.

the grass race is the last race that redbud has. it starts of @the reg starting gate, then goes into the woods through an old vineyard. the track is different every year and starts of as fresh groomed grass in the morning. its a great time! race is just for fun.....