Jackson Indoor

USAMoto00

Jackson Indoor

#1 Post by USAMoto00 »

I went to the Indoor on Saturday to see how this event stacked up to what I've heard. This is my opinion on what I got to see. First off it is very well run and professional, I liked the guy that ran it- no nonsence and to the point. The dirt bikes were awesome with excellent competition and great races, dirty or otherwise. All classes available to the two wheelers. Now, the Quad opinions! I heard complaining that no quads show up and they wonder why? You can run two-stroke, four-stroke, or pro. Oh yea, and pro can run with you in either of the other classes??? I see a problem there. The track was nice, great prep, awesome dirt, and maybe 20 quads total. I won't race there and I definately won't let Michelle just because of the classes. You had beginers out there almost killing themselves trying to follow other guys. Now you can say that it's the riders fault, but if they were in their own class with like abilities, it would not have happened. Great to watch the day's event's, but I was disappointed with the quad prejudice of classes. That's all I guess. ( one Cannondale did race also)

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

I will have to agree with you. Last time I was in Jackson, I was about wiped out lapping some guy in the whoops. I'm trying to go down the right side and he just jerks over in front of me (:furious: )
Then at the Columbus indoor, that is what happened in the first turn. At some point you have to let up and fall into place going through the turns, seems someone didn't and sent a bunch of us flying. Now I'm sitting here a week later and still can't move my leg.
I have ran the pro class (motorcycle) for several years, and I must say that the respect on the track is night and day different. We can go into a turn and rub elbows, even maybe touch bikes, but you don't have to worry about someone switching lines, stopping suddenly, or all that crazy stuff. The object is to get in and get back out. I have been touching bikes with people hitting 80ft triples and never had any problems, but I'm real leary of rubbing that close with and atv.
They should break it down into A,B,C classes, and regulate it alot better. That way if you run pro, then you should be pro caliber and not just out there ruining it for others.
And when you get lapped, PLEASE MOVE!!!

Sorry, had to vent a little.

pdavis

#3 Post by pdavis »

i agree haydug, but i am the one usually getting lapped, at that point you know you cant win the race, i just pick a line keep my steady slow pace and they will get around :cool:

Rookiex

#4 Post by Rookiex »

I was that cannondale out there smile.gif,First year of racing the dude in front of me been racin for years.Jacksons alright i guess they should have bigger jumps.Whoops are sweet tho,Yeah it kind of sucks running 4 stk with dudes who cant run fast Its like the fast guys break off in a bunch an leave the rest of the pack an lap them before the end.I was in the fast pack biggrin.gif.

Motoman440

#5 Post by Motoman440 »

I thought Jackson had A, B and C classes or at least that is what is on their flyer. Only problem is, like Milton haydug, they probably don't have enough quads showin up to have several classes so the dude runnin the place doesn't want to waste the time. Costs him money to do this. But I do agree they would have better turn-outs and safer races if they did have separate classes. IMO ya boy runnin the track would have to make some financial sacrifices to make that happen, which, more than likely, ain't gonna happen. I think I may have to go check this place out one Saturday or Sunday. Do they have heat at this place???

Rookiex

#6 Post by Rookiex »

No heat, But outlaws this weekend sat. sun hopfully I will have the quad fixed for atleast one race to make sure its ok for my series.Im runnin AMX, But I am still high in points for outlaw.

USAMoto00

#7 Post by USAMoto00 »

No heat, but a little heated room to eat your food in. It was very cold in there! By the 10th moto you start a buzz too. The big vent fans just blew cold air in and no fresh stuff. Hey rookie, you might want to check your rear shock. Your front end looked like it was working real well, but out back it looked stiff as a board. Maybe that's just your style, I don't know but I thought I'd tell you any ways. We went to watch our friends run that night. The guy on the silver #07 400EX and the two guys with the blue 450's. Phillips and Miller were their names.

Rookiex

#8 Post by Rookiex »

If i set it up softer i feel like im gonna launch off the quad lol.I like the back shock stiff in the whoops i can controal it better in the big stuff.