Racing tips for newbies

LapTraffic

Racing tips for newbies

#1 Post by LapTraffic »

I thought this would be a good thread to start for some of us newbie racing types to gather good solid racing techniques and tips.

I only have one and it pertains to dehydration. It is very very important to start your hydration process at least a day beofre the race.

I like to start at about 6pm and I've found that Pedialyte ™ sold in most drug stores to keep infants from getting dehydrated, makes an excellent mixer with Vodka. I like orange.

I find that I am far less hungover the day of the race using this proven racing technique.

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

So the pedialite rehydrates what the vodka takes out? Whats the exact formula? 3 parts pedialite to 1 part vodka, or more like 1 to 1?

Gotta get the mixture just right or you could end up dehydrated or worse, having to stop and take a pi$$ in the middle of the race.

Great tip Lap

LMAO

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

Another great tip would be vodka and redbull. This mixture works great, the vodka for the "no fear attitude" and the redbull to keep you going the whole race. biggrin.gif

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

Well I am a beer guy...Drinking at least a 12 pack the night before a race is a no no. Unless you plan on a couple in the morning to help the hang-over. I swear I am not an alcoholic. Even though I contemplated filling my camelback with beer or taking a cooler out on the race and selling beers on the course.

One other trick don't stop drinking till after the race.smile.gif

Bill31251

#5 Post by Bill31251 »

The only time I have ever won race we won the buddy race at haspin in the sport/ute class how thats fair im not sure but the ute have to race with 300ex's,blaster,and some other. We were racing a 650 prairie and it was the da after halloween and I went to a huge party the night before and was so hung over the dya of the race I thought I was going to die I didnt eat until about 8pm after the race. It was the best race I have run to this day and it was a blast I was seeing 4 or 5 arrows at every turn it was a mess. But we won the class by 1 1/2 laps.

ppogue

tricks of the trade

#6 Post by ppogue »

I prefer the absolute/redbull map the day before a race and then a heavy dose of aspirin and microbrew minutes after completeing the race.
Wait, are we being serious, because if we are, I have a trick that helps a ton! Start taking one aspirin every hour about six hours prior to race time. It thins the blood and reduces arm pump bigtime!
GO big or go home!

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

Hmmmm I like the aspirin Idea. Although not as much fun as the continuous binge drinking.

cdrookie

#8 Post by cdrookie »

wow! so that's why i never do very good in a race. i don't drink!

USAMoto00

#9 Post by USAMoto00 »

This thread really makes me nervous about the Spring Ride. Or any ride with some of you for that matter!:w: :drink:

swamper38s

#10 Post by swamper38s »

That's what makes racing so fun, tying to figure out with set of qauds are the real ones.....lol