Macon GA MX

DMAC10

Macon GA MX

#1 Post by DMAC10 »

Who's going to Macon GA MX National on 3/20 & 3/21???:head:

Anyone raced there before?

Recommendations:

Gearing

Suspension ( any big jumps,, does the track rut up???? )

Tires, Holeshots or Turf Tamers???

The main Question is, will it be a fun track for an old timer.

We need to get the cannondalers to all get together at these races to show everyone how great and loyal a group of guys we are. Did that sound FUNNY???:confused:

Let the info begin to flow.

:dance:

KYmxracer52

#2 Post by KYmxracer52 »

The first national I will be hitting will be Muddy Creek. Would be glad to meet up with the guys there.

USAMoto00

#3 Post by USAMoto00 »

My goals are to go. I have to wait to a little closer to that time period to know for sure. But I would like to know some of the answers to the questions you asked if anyone could help???? Thanks!:usa

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

Can you say ROUGH!! sad.gif
I was there last year, and the whooops around the corners were unreal, it was rutted bad in the turns. You basically had 2 lines. There aren't any really big jumps, but you want to speed you rebound up for the sand and all the bumps. There is one fun jump section in middle of the track that has a nice little double.
Holeshots for sure, turfs would clog up and not get much traction.
I may be there, depends on if I get a bike running or not. If I can swing it I will if not I'll ride the GNCC in SC.

pdavis

#5 Post by pdavis »

haydug, check your swingarm bearings... i think they are shot, on your woods bike

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

I'm going over the bike Friday, pulling it all apart and cleaning everything. Wink was supposed to have me bearings 2 weeks ago, now I guess I'll wait and see if any show up so I can ride. I have a local hairscramble Sunday, riding the quad in the morning, and guess I'll ride this 250f in the afternoon. I should really start it and make sure it runs before I haul it up there. Joe has asked a few time how I like it, not sure he believes me when I tell him I haven't touched it yet.

jfarrar

#7 Post by jfarrar »

if evything goes right and the motor gets done in time ill be there.clock is tickin though.bike needs to leave wed.the track is rough but it will seperate the men from the boys.couple cool jumps i face planted the bigger one in the middle last year when my thumb slipped of the throttle going up the face of it...ouch

haydug

#8 Post by haydug »

I had a pretty un-eventful race last year, won my pro-am qualifier and had to race A class like 4-5 classes later, and was still wore out, so got a top 5.
Then sunday, ran top 2 for awhile until I lost my arms, they turned to rubber, and dropped to 5th in pro-am for a 3rd overal I think. Then shouldn't even have raced the A class, because I had arm-pump on the gate, but still pulled a top 10.
Next time I won't ride all day Friday

DMAC10

#9 Post by DMAC10 »

Doug

Sounds like its a little sandy in Macon.

So which map would fit the track ,
Moto/Speed
Blaze/Speed

Got Holeshots
Adjusting Suspension
Prepping everthing else
Now just need to get the rider prepared (HMMMM):ride:

Thanks for all the previous ponters.

Did you say Jumps.

I could really enjoy these 3 times of racing, but each one has 1 problem:

MX Jumps
GNCC TREES
TT Turns

Other than these issues I really love to race, :eek:

KYmxracer52

DMAC10

#10 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Are you going to make it to Daniel Boone Saturday??
Practice is from 10:00-5:00 EST