Lorretta Lynns GNCC

Derno24

Lorretta Lynns GNCC

#1 Post by Derno24 »

Well I know I haven't posted anything useless in a while, but I haven't been around to do so. I decided to head out to Loretta Lynn's to meet up with some good friends of mine Colby and Dusty of C&D Racing. Colby bought my old Cannibal that is still running after 250 hours of abuse from me and more from Colby.

I went out with Harlen Foley in his Motor Home. If you guys ever get the chance to go to a race in a motor home do it cheap sleeping quarters and a place to make eats.

Well CDrookie will tell you guys I am the worst at getting prepped for events and even worse at trip running. My quad wasn't quite ready to go and I was leaving Thursday so I got it most of the way finished with Rooks help and his tranny filter. Mine was bent. I load the quad into my truck and pull the key and tether. I know this seems small, but after you had a quad stolen out of the back of your truck you take as many precautions as possible. I leave thursday after work and hit the most awful traffic possible. Stop and go for about 1 hr plus to go from center city to the pa state limit. Harlen lives in md so what should have been a 2 1/2 hr trip turns into a 3 1/2 - 4 hr trip. Get there unload all our stuff into the motor home and his trailer and realize one thing. Where is my KEY? That is right in the process of leaving I lose my key. Gone no where to be found. Well Harlen called Jeff and he kindly brings one for me to borrow to Tenn. Thanks again Jeff.

13 hrs later having Harlen, my wife, and his dad bust my stones about losing the keys and everything else imaginable we arrive in Tenn. My statement for the weekend was "my nuts are already peanut butter people"

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

Well I get there and I had alitlle to do list. 1. I recieved hubs from OCR (Thank you) and I was going to finish putting them on. I didn't have the chance to finish adjusting them. Well I pull on cap to find that the bearings which were new are now trashed. With no tension they poppped out of place and I did the rest. i thought ahead and brought the trusty stockers with me. I put those back on. Checked all the tire pressures and oil and such. I still had to get a key so I could start my quad. Well I go and sign in about 8pm friday and finally get the switch. No fault of Jeff's just me being to busy to get it sooner. I start working in the dark. Even though it is only three wires man it is a pain to do when you can't see anything. Finally get it into place and call it a night.

Here are some pics I took on saturday. These are some shots of the mx portion of the track.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Well we all go to sleep friday and I can't wait to see what I can do in the B class tomorrow.

More shots of the mx track.

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

The weather could be nicer, but it was a little too hot for my fatness.

Pro row

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

Race day is on us now and my wife and I decide to walk another portion of the track. from what I saw I didn't see anything too difficult. Boy was I wrong!!! i apparently walked all of the field and creek sections of the race. The track was like 12.5 miles or something like that. I only covered the easy stuff.....

Jeffs quad

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

This was the entrance way to the woods. Not very rocky by jack frost standards, but there were some nasty up hills and off camber stuff. There was one really nasty down hill that as I passed there were a couple guys just sitting at the bottom. i think they were just waiting for the poop to dry in their pants.

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

Well during the morning race Dusty had a small mishap. When she hit on of the doubles she came up a little short. There were alot of people coming up short on this double. Well she jammed her wrist enough to break a bone she had already broke a couple years ago. She toughed it out for the rest of the mx portion of the track and made her way to the check point and called it a day.

We get her to Colby and they head for the hospital. Colby was pitting at the top for her and we were at the bottom where the checkpoint was.

Here is a photo of Colby and Dusty

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

Dusty and her TRX450R

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

Well it is coming up on the race and no Colby so I get ready and head for the strating line. While there I meet up with Swamper and Dmac. 2 great guys. Swamper has had a ton of bad luck with his dale and I must say I thought I had preventative things on mine, but his has ten times more. He is set for everything that could possibly go wrong. Dmac and I talked for alot about cannondales and such after the race. It is good to be a member in this community when you can walk up to a stranger and say hey my name is Derno and they already know who you are.

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

I turn around when I was talking to swamper to see Colby looking for me on the line. Apparently Dusty even with a broken arm told him that she didn't drive 13 hrs for him not to race. So he returned to run the b class.

Everyone says their good lucks and we all get ready for the start. Well after all the other classes start we finally get our flag. I hit the start button and I think I didn't get it to start because it was so loud. Well I did, but I hit the starter again and popped the clutch and killed it. Everyone entered the first corner and I finally get my quad started. I take off. Using every hp that 450 kit had to at least get to the back of the pack. Well it didn't take long. Alot of the B class was jamming up in the 2nd corner. I got to the party late and saw a sweet line and went for it. blew through the 2nd corner and gained like 15 places. Mind you there were almost 60 in our class. a straight away and a mud hole then a couple turns and another long straight away before you cross the street and hit the woods. Well on the long straight away a guy on a z400 decides he wants to race. Laughed him off and wasted him. I hit the woods in what I can figure to be about the middle.