Oh My God 100 w/pics

ABM-CANNIBAL

Oh My God 100 w/pics

#1 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

This was the 3rd round of the New Mexico Desert Race Club. It took place in Cuba, NM which is 6,800' above sea level. This race was different then the other two. Instead of a dead engine start, we had a two at a time live engine start 30 second incremints.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#2 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I was lined up with the DS650. The flag dropped and it wasn't even close. I was behind one of the riders that took off before me pretty quick. There was no where to pass so I stayed behind him till a opening came up. Passed but while I was behind him I was caught by a team mate that took off behind me. I let him pass and stayed behind him for awhile. A brown out came and a went slowly threw it because a 180????????? turn was up ahead. Two quads missed the turn and went into the brush. I went inbetween them and caught another rider. Same thing. Couldn't pass until he pulled over, I opened it up and there was a rocky drop to a hard left. Some how I made it through but the next rider wasen't so lucky. Hit the tree at the hard left.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#3 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Even though I didn't see the wreck, I knew something happend because around the turn I saw people running to the hill. My other team mate was stuck in it but was the first to get out of it. It must of lite a fire in his butt because he was catching up to me quick. We dropped into the first arroy and I had no problems keeping him off. When we came out of the arroy he was able to get by on a turn. We pretty much stayed even until the last arroy where he was able to get ahead alittle. Here is me finishing the first lap.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#4 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Second lap started and it was pretty uneventful. There was nobody in sight. Ran a strong 2nd lap but was slower than the 1st. I guess it is better to have someone on your *** or seeing someone to catch makes you push alittle harder. After 50 miles, it was over. Took me 1 hour 38 minutes. It was my favorite track so far. Beautiful scenary.

ABM-CANNIBAL

Team Wide Open Racing

#5 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

1st Place goes to Jason

ABM-CANNIBAL

#6 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

5th Place goes to Ben

ABM-CANNIBAL

#7 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

9th goes to Chris

ABM-CANNIBAL

#8 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I got 13th. I am getting there. Kind of weird being on a Yamaha team but these guys are great to race and ride with.

ABM-CANNIBAL

Team points standings for the season

#9 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Ben (350 Banshee) is tied for 2nd
Jason (350 Banshee) has 4th
Chris (350 Banshee) has 10th
I (440 Cannibal) have 11th
Dustin (686 Raptor) has 37th (Broke down at first race - missed other two)

We are hoping to finish this season with good standings and move up to amateur class next season and then to expert class the following season.

Ryanstones

#10 Post by Ryanstones »

Very cool report and pics ABM! way to go!:clap: