jack frost 6/20

cdrookie

jack frost 6/20

#1 Post by cdrookie »

this is a pa series event so i'm expecting a big turnout. weather is perfect with highs in the upper 60's low 70's. rained alot during the week but derno said the water runs down off the mountain and it's not sloppy. this track is known for it's rocks! derno's never finished a race here due to unforseen obsticles:( everyone was pumped for this race until i rode my bike around my storage facility and blew another fuse.:mad: i should've changed my wiring harness yesterday but it was too nice to be working on the dale so i took the gixxer out for a spin(then it really clouded up). so when i get back and start complaning about my bike being a POS, i can't blame no one but myself!:hammer:

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

Good luck to both of you.

Derno back on the Z now or still running the 700?

cdrookie

#3 Post by cdrookie »

he's on the z, i think the wife put an end to him running the 'force!sad.gif race report to follow after a shower and some food.

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

ok, here we go.

lots of sunshine with those big puffy white clouds and temps in the low 60's. great racing weather!

i watched the bikes take off and could see dust was going to be a problem on the start.

the atv race looked more like a gncc race, with names like borich, smiley, wahl, hughes, aka the stealth bomber,smile.gif and a few more in forgetting. the a class had 20+ racers and we had 30 in the c class!:cry:

got to meet fellow cdaleriders.com member dirt. he made the trip over from jersey to race with us in the c class, but was racing his 400ex. derno had the z.

they dropped the flag and away we went! i got a decent jump off the line, but lined up mid left on the line and got pinched out in the first turn. derno, who lined up on the left, came flying around my left side and was out of sight due to a brown out. not good! dirt was on the right side of the line and apparently didn't get a real good start.

cdrookie

#5 Post by cdrookie »

had to wait till we could see to get moving again. was about mid pack and heading into the woods. got about a 1/4 mile into them and blew a fuse!:mad: didn't think it'd happen that fast. by the time i changed it everyone was past and the next class was also past.

went a few more corners and blew the fuse again!:mad: this time the next class past me. got going again and a few more corners...BLEW A FUSE!!!:furious: :box:

instead of worrying about if i had enough fuses to finish the race, i was wondering if i would finish this lap! un*******believeable!

everybody was past me now, including utility. i tried to change it with my gloves on, but that wasn't working, so i stuffed them into my pockets. was going to put in a 25amp fuse but dropped it into the ferns, and of course, couldn't find it. put a 30 amp in and expected it to fry the whole system. was just hoping to make it back around to the start and then head for the truck.

cdrookie

#6 Post by cdrookie »

went a couple turns and it was still running so i said this POS was going to earn it's pay! was on the gas and soon battling with the utility boys. people up there thought they were racing the world apparently, cause the utility guys weren't letting me by and they knew i was back there. finally we came up on a guy who we raced with before, who knew how to race, and he went one way around a tree and stopped to let me past. thank goodness the guy infront of me took the same line as the first guy.

weaved thru some slow traffic and came upon the leader of the utilities on a polaris with wheel spacers and some gnarly mudders. he wouldn't let me by either, but was moving at a decent pace. got around him on a nice hill climb towards the end of the first lap.tongue.gif

cdrookie

#7 Post by cdrookie »

some guys were broke down along the track and some were just wore out after 1 lap. which usually gives me an energy boost, but my hands were cramped so bad that i couldn't straighten my fingers! just twisting your wrist up so that they weren't bent under the bars was extremely painful. didn't have to worry about loosing the bars cause it'd take a screwdriver to get my fingers straight again. i put on some new grips, pro grip 797's with the finger thingies, and they worked alot better than the hose clamp i used last race.

got into the woods on the second lap and here they come! borich and smiley 18" apart screaming thru the woods! :wow kept looking back waiting for the others but there was no one even close to those guys. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!

came up to a blaster who wanted to race. didn't take him long to change his mind. rounded a corner and there was dirt! he let me past and some other a class guy came up and i pulled off into a muddy berm to let him past. unfortunately it was a little muddier than i thought and i'm stuck! dirt gets by and i get unstuck, hit the button and nothing!:mad:

cdrookie

#8 Post by cdrookie »

realize i turned the key off, duh.:hammer: got going and passed dirt again. was on the gas but fingers were killing me.

next few laps were uneventful. nobody around me. hard to judge how fast you're going when no ones near, so i went a steady pace but not too crazy.

boy was i glad to see the white flag! went thru the barrels and a few turns later here come borich and smiley again! i pull over and see nobody else around so i take a few secs to pry open my fingers. i should've done that sooner cause i was way faster when i could get a good grip. didn't last long though. towards the end of the last lap randy brandt(vet class) came past on his dale. i thought he wasn't going very fast so i turned it up a notch and follower for a little bit. i felt i had more power, being gearing or mapping, but a close encounter with a tree ended my fun. he pulled away. amazing how i wasn't concerned with my fingers at all when a target was insight.

cdrookie

#9 Post by cdrookie »

passed a few more riders at the end, weren't sure if they were in my class or not. they pulled over for me anyways. cool.

looked like i was 15th or so on the scoring sheet but they had utility on there also so i ended up 8th out of 30. not bad considering i was the last person on the track at one point. i'm happy with that.smile.gif

wasn't sure if the track was real rough or not, but my body says it was. i felt good, if it wasn't for my hands i MIGHT have caught derno. it wasn't real tight out there but it was rocky. not really huge rocks but i wouldn't want to hit some of them:( the track was 7.2 miles long and had some fast sections which let me show off for my fans a little.

i think i had fun after the first half lap and am looking forward to returning there next month. the rausch creek 6 hour race is the day before so derno should be good and sore after that. he's really been kicking my :w: lately. i'm getting sick of it!tongue.gif

cdrookie

#10 Post by cdrookie »

it was great to meet dirt but unfortunately i couldn't find him afterwards. i took derno's z out for a spin and derno said that dirt did finish.

we did cannondaleriders.com pretty good, all finishing top 10. too bad i was the only one on a dale!

they said smiley won, after following borich the whole race.

i thought it was cool that jlhughes didn't pass me. but he said he did...at least once. i don't remember that. hence his new nickname-the stealth bomber! all he needs are the black limited edition yfz plastic.

you doing any maintenance this week J? mind if i bring the dale up? the front end is horribly out of whack. bike weaves all over the place.