Stack

Vet Class:
Exriders

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

that race was too much fun. :head:

cdrookie

#3 Post by cdrookie »

******, nice pics. i'll get a race report going in a few hours. gotta do some shopping first. left my helmet and goggles and stuff in dirts trailer so no jack frost for me(double state points!):mad: :mad: :furious:

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

Hey, who is that chubby guy in the last pic who doesn't know which side of his shirt to wear on the outside?

tongue.gif

J/K That has to be Zack.

cdrookie

#5 Post by cdrookie »

ok peoples, i'll give you the story of the 3 ring circus' race.

we got this team together on the cannondaleriders chat at 11pm thursday night. it consists of members dirt, thomez, and myself. we said we were all bringing our bikes and we'd decide which one to race when we got there.

i got there first at 9:15 and looked to grab a good pit spot, but there wasn't any. there was only a hand full fo people camping there but they parked their campers and trucks sideways and set up their pits in a pretty ignorant fashion. luckily the law came around and straightened them out around mid morning.

i decided to walk the track since i wasn't doing anything else and no one was there yet. was talking to one of the track workers getting the inside scoop on the track. i wrecked trying to avoid the water truck and was hoping that wasn't an omen of what was about to come...

cdrookie

#6 Post by cdrookie »

the track was about 5.5 miles long and FAST! the rausch creek crew did a great job laying this course out and prepping it. :clap: they had alternate lines, it was well marked, wide in the fast stuff, it wasn't very technical or rough though. they had you going over their intermediate bike and atv mx track, onto their natural terrain mx track then into the woods.

got done walking and saw jlhughes750. was bsing with him then haydug showed up. we bsed some more then doug went to eat and i proceeded to install the fan he brought for me.

was waiting for thomez to arrive, since he said he'd be there around 10. dirt and his brother kenny(racer101 aka theloneracer101) were riding around the pits but it never dawned on me it was dirt. kenny has a yellow 250r and i just kept looking at it everytime they rode by. it's not everyday you see a yellow 250r.

cdrookie

#7 Post by cdrookie »

doug got back and said that jaybr and thomez both overslept. thomez's bike was puking coolant and oil but doug said he'd take a look at it. finally thomez arrived.

now thomez is like the cannondale encyclopedia. he knows part #'s, specs, makes custom maps, custom exhausts...so you would expect him to have a sweet bike, right? well, it has some really nice trick parts on it and would be a sweet bike if it was close to being together! see that bike in the background of ****** picture with the speed seat and no fenders? it was way more race ready than thomez's. :cry: i was looking forward to racing it since it has the pep's and fasst bars but you could push down on the front bumper with your hand and the frame would literally be 3 inches off the ground!:eek: turns out the scavenger pump gears are shot so it was down to my dale or dirts 400ex. thomez wasn't a twist throttle fan so we rode the ex.:head:

cdrookie

#8 Post by cdrookie »

****** has a pic of the new prototype 05 FT exhaust cleverly disguised as a fmf exhaust:p

cdrookie

#9 Post by cdrookie »

dirt's ex is all tricked out also. it has shock covers, holeshots, renthals, a gripper seat cover, yoshi slip on, jet kit, and dg skids. definately one of the trickest bikes out there.rolleyes.gif i never rode an ex before and was a little intimidated by the power that stock engine would be putting out.

so it was official, the cannondaleriders.com team(1 of them) was riding a honda!:head: :usa :hammer:

in a rare moment of organization we decided to run 3 laps at a time and had a custom hand gesture to signal when we were on our final lap. since it was dirts bike we chose him to ride first followed by thomez, then me. we ran the B class cause it was as low as we could go. would've ran the x class if there was one.

dirt prepped the bike by putting a little 2 stroke gas in it and some air in the tire. we made some custom numbers for it and began planning for the race. we figured we could easily get 3 hours on a tank of gas and that tire wasn't leaking bad enough to worry about.

cdrookie

#10 Post by cdrookie »

dirt got off the line almost last cause he forgot to turn the switch on:mad: he ran his 3 laps then came into the pits ready to switch. thomez went out and flew past on the first lap then came flying into the pits on the second lap. he said the power of the ex was too great for him to hang on to. so we dicided to do 2 laps instead of 3. my maiden voyage on the ex was suprisingly enjoyable. the soft suspension was great in the fast woods sections and the bike didn't have enough power to get you into trouble. the thumb throttle needed to go though. seemed like i had to move my whole hand on the bars everytime i wanted to go faster. i think it needed to be over towards the crossbar more.

i ran an uneventfull 2 laps then came into the pits. dirt was ready to go. i think this is when it happened. seemed like it was taking an awful long time for dirt to get back. doug came into the pits and said we were broke down. impossible! a little while later dirt come into the pits, missing the right half of the rear fenders. said he ran out of gas! he tells a hilarious story about the gallon the track worker got for him.