Middleboro, MA 11/7

2000ex

Middleboro, MA 11/7

#1 Post by 2000ex »

Well took the new dale out for some weekend MX racing and ended up placing 7th out of 21 in 4 Stroke novice. If for not stalling in the first moto and twice in the second moto I would have place much better.

For not riding this thing more than 2 hours and not riding an ATV but 4 times all year I felt pleased with my performance. It definitely motivated me into getting into real riding shape to run the entire NEATV-MX next season.

The Dale performed flawlessly and I pretty much took the holeshot in both moto's but did not have the heart to stay into it long enough to end out in the front.
:mad:

There were actually 3 Dales in my class and I think we finished all together 6-7-8 in the last moto.

Someone on EXriders snapped a pic of me out in front
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/MyY...R7/000_0522.jpg

dawzie

#2 Post by dawzie »

Good job with the Dale !!

Just wondering if you did any of the engine up-grades that must be done ??

2000ex

#3 Post by 2000ex »

Originally posted by dawzie
Good job with the Dale !!

Just wondering if you did any of the engine up-grades that must be done ??

Yeah, all updates have been done. The bike was owned by Knight440 on the site. I will be doing the crank upgrade this winter. Thanks!

dawzie

#4 Post by dawzie »

Glad to hear that.

My son finished 4th in pro for the season at NEATV riding his YFZ450 Quad #49

cdalemx301

#5 Post by cdalemx301 »

Hey 2000 I talked to you today im not sure which of the two guys on the dale u were but i had the red cannibal....G ood job on that overall not tosure on my finishing position left before it was posted but i didnt ride so great today unfortunatly

jfarrar

#6 Post by jfarrar »

gotta love that dale power!!!nice job

cdalemx301

#7 Post by cdalemx301 »

Alrite heres my report....I finished putting my bike back together at about 1230 last night....Left my house around 645 should have been at the track by 730 but im an idiot and got lost going to the easiest track to find and didnt roll in till 830 lol o well...So i register walk the track and unload...went out for practice and was shocked by the ease of turning with speed with my newly aquired width....I also relized not riding in a month then riding hrd was stupid because i couldnt feel my arms....So i went out for my first moto full gate and then some...I pulled thru the first turn in second look over my shoulder to see where everyone was look back and the kid was gone he fell over the side of a jump i think....so i was in first for a bit and we ran 6 Laps:wow about half way thru the race i began getting tired and couldnt reach my clutch lever....(Broke my moose last night had a cheap short one on) So i stalled....got passed by a group of 4 guys and dropped back to 5th....kept pushing and on the last lap stalled once again and got passed and finished in 6th in the 1st moto...2moto i had a bad start 5th into the first turn tires spun a lil on the start...once again i stalled 2x in this moto and im unsure of what place i finished in i guess 2000ex could tell me because i was behind him hhaha...I have to say my new front and rear end worked great i felt greater speed through the turns and felt real good...the bikes geometry seems to jump slightly differant and the shocks are a little to soft so they will need to be valved...I had good luck with my axle nut stayed tight and still is...All together had a great day

cdalemx301

#8 Post by cdalemx301 »

Hey i forgot my seat fell off again even with my updated seat mount ughh im gonna need to use fender washers to keep the cotter pins from pulling thru i think it was 2000ex who gae me that idea

2000ex

#9 Post by 2000ex »

Yup that was me you taked to with the black dale. Definitely a great day of racing....and I desparately need to get into riding shape...I was probably riding at 50% of my ability due to incredible arm pump and the need to pace myself for 6 f'n laps sad.gif

They should no doubt add this one to the NEATV-MX series next season with adding berms on a few corners as well as adding larger lips and landings to the jumps for the ATV's

The dale did me great :head: :usa

The best part is I KNOW it can be ridden MUCH faster :w:

cdalemx301

#10 Post by cdalemx301 »

I didnt mind the no berms just toss the bike sideways and slide haha fun track tho i gotta learn not to stall the god **** thing and i will do better and 6 laps was a long time i was spent after practice let alone racing