My Ups and Downs at Lake Whitney GNC

CDaleChick

My Ups and Downs at Lake Whitney GNC

#1 Post by CDaleChick »

first moto the mud was unexpected for our class so no one was prepared. I didnt have tear offs or anything. right away in the holeshot, my quad slid sideways trying to get traction, which made me loose traction even more. of course then i got some blasts of muddy roost so i had to take both hands off the quad and pull my already heavy goggles off, then i got back on the gas. I was in 8th place and whenever I would try to go faster or pass (i knew I could there was one girl who was just holding me back) my helmet visor would fall in front of my eyes were i couldnt see, so i had to shrug my shoulders or keep my head way back which made everything awkward. So first moto I ended up in 8th.... which isnt bad considering I have never ridden on a muddy track of that level before.

second moto, the holeshot was beautiful, i was right in 4th place and i just tucked right in with the top 3 girls and i was right on them. I was going faster than I have gone in a long time, it felt great. All of a sudden, in the back of the track, my quad lurched and died and I had no idea why, I started crankin on it and it wouldnt start at all, i was so furious and frustrated of course, about a minute later when everyone was about to come around and lap me.....the quad decided to start. So I took another lap and was completely confused about what went on. When I went to the pits, I saw my pipe.. it was completely creased and it must have been just enough to make that motor say no.

Great thing is: i know i can run with the top girls in the class, and that little bit that i got to run with them and actually be competitive was one of the greatest feelings in the world. Hopefully next time I will be able to have better luck

Pics will be coming soon

USAMoto00

#2 Post by USAMoto00 »

Nice work Kara, you'll get 'em next time.:usa :clap:

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

:clap:

Track time makes all the difference in the world. We have not been able to ride much on the East coast, due to something called "winter". LOL. Can't wait to write my first race report of the year. :usa

USAMoto00

#4 Post by USAMoto00 »

Amen Doug!:deal:

ex kid

#5 Post by ex kid »

Originally posted by haydug
:clap:

Track time makes all the difference in the world. We have not been able to ride much on the East coast, due to something called "winter". LOL. Can't wait to write my first race report of the year.  :usa

i hear you with the weather. IT SUCKS

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Doug so when is the first race?

Good work Kara. Keep your chin up.

warren557

#7 Post by warren557 »

You had a nice race going kara. Better luck next race. It was sure nice to see so many Dales there. More than i have seen in a while at one race.

CDaleChick

#8 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by warren557
You had a nice race going kara. Better luck next race. It was sure nice to see so many Dales there. More than i have seen in a while at one race.

thanks! smile.gif