Hungry Valley Trip (Gorman):

BOLT

#1 Post by BOLT »

Hi guys...

Bikes and Quads all welcome... We will split the group into smaller groups of 4 to 6 riders as makes sense with bikes and quads doing seperate rides and skill levels being matched. That worked great last time !

There will be a ride Saturday at 10:00 AM. Be there, unloaded, suited and ready to ride before 10 if you plan on making that slot. All other rides we plan as we go.

Come for the Day or come for the weekend... Some of us will be there Friday as well for you early birds !
Get your RSVPs in ASAP ! See you out there !

BOLT

#2 Post by BOLT »

I'm PROUD to say that many are saying "Screw the HEAT !" and are coming to ride and sweat ! YEA !

We will have three groups... Quads... Bikes Putt Putt... and Bikes Movin ! LOL

All are welcome... Bring lot's of water... and just in case some bug spray !

BOLT

#3 Post by BOLT »

Well it was hot but it went like this:

Got up early when it was 75 and cool... about 3 groups coming and going on 20 mile park loops or 30 to 35 mile forest loops till about noon... Then we slipped into the 67 degree air conditioned Toy Haulers several of us brought out for a little cool down... chit chat... cool showers... popsicles... lunch and DVDs... all while it was 104 outside ! Then when it got down to the low to mid 90s we headed back out for a run or two in the afternoon...

Personally I did about 35 miles in the forest and almost 100 miles in the park so I wasn't affected much by the heat... we worked around it well. All in all I would have been far more uncomfortable back home in my NON air conditioned house in HB ! LOL

Thanks everyone for coming out !

BOLT

#4 Post by BOLT »

Had another ride this weekend... What a great trip... It was fast mornings ripping about 25 miles through the best of the park trails... and then late morning and afternoon in the forest... We had some pretty fast talented guys for sure... Looked like a KTM convention this trip... I got a few shots of them multiplying in the morning... But I lost count... LOL