Anyone In Michigan??

Gibson265R

#1 Post by Gibson265R »

I have just returned from AZ and I cant ride in all this snow!!! It rained last night and melted all the snow, then when I woke up this morning, snow all over the ground again! I would really like to find a nice indoor MX track, and maybe some people to go w/me. I dont mind riding in the cold, but its just no fun when you cant do anything but sliding around and spinning out of control.

MX Quad Dad

#2 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Only indoor track I know of is in techumse (sp?). Suzuki shop I believe. I think there mighit be one on the west side though?

TRy screws in the tires and get out on the ice. better traction than dirt I like riding a small river better than lake riding but the lakes are fun if you can setup a track. I have been on a bay off lake st clair and some bike and quad guys useally plow out a small oval or set up some cones if no snow.

Dachshund

#3 Post by Dachshund »

I have been to the Tecumseh track a few years back. If you don't mind never getting past 2nd gear it's pretty fun when the weather is like it is now. http://www.prosourcesuzuki.com/event_promo.htm

Gibson265R

#4 Post by Gibson265R »

I checked out the pro source suzuki, and it does look like a bit of a slow/small track especially for the money. There used to be a track called Zeeland MX but I cant find a website for it...and I dont have a phone number or directions anymore.

MX Quad Dad

#5 Post by MX Quad Dad »

yep, real small. it's the only indoor track i've been to. First time I drove all the way down there and someone went through the wall and his dirt bike followed him. shut down before we even unloaded.

Are you on the west side? I'm on the east side, marine city. just a few miles from the st. clair river

Gibson265R

#6 Post by Gibson265R »

im located in south west michigan...Battle Creek. Im always looking for
people to ride with...fellow dalers or non-dalers. Im not predjudice tongue.gif

MX Quad Dad

#7 Post by MX Quad Dad »

when my son was racing we made a lot of runs out that way. nobody on the east side were running quads back then. but I thought there was talk about an indoor series in kalmazoo?

My son and I were talking about a Silver lake dune run next year. We went up to Bull Gap a few eeks ago Which was a fun day so we'll most likely go back there also

aroracer72

#8 Post by aroracer72 »

Theres a better indoor track then tecumseh, its near andersons(the honda dealership) down near the city.........its maybe 25% larger then tecum and has more *lanes*.............even though thats were i broke my leg...but it was my fault......LOL........shoot whats the name though........cant remember
Chad

MX Quad Dad

#9 Post by MX Quad Dad »

the only andersons i know of is in pontiac on telegraph rd. and the only indoor track I know of would be when the ametures raced at the Silverdome, but that would have been at least 250% bigger. and they only raced once a year

plmason12

#10 Post by plmason12 »

you have the whole silver lake to rider in.lol