Did some track updates this weekend!

Jaybr

#21 Post by Jaybr »

I'll get right on it

CJ, next time you come out bring the crawler

haydug

crawler??

#22 Post by haydug »

I'd like to see that beast in the pond!!

xtremesj

#23 Post by xtremesj »

It was good seeing everyone again. Thanks Jay for the food and good times.

4punksdad

#24 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Jaybr
Yeah the skid loaders where fun and 4punks sure can work it.

I just added one to my christmas list, I could really have some jumps if I had one of my own:D

if you buy one...........get one of these. Those bobcats don't hold a candle to the amount of work you can do with this machine. Don't go cheap on this purchase. Spend the extra couple of thousand and thank me later.:head:

Jaybr

#25 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by 4punksdad
if you buy one...........get one of these. Those bobcats don't hold a candle to the amount of work you can do with this machine. Don't go cheap on this purchase. Spend the extra couple of thousand and thank me later.:head:

Looks nice, is it for sale?

Honestly, I'd have to figure out some way to justify it. I could rent one every weekend for the next few years for what a new one would cost me.

Guess I could write it off as a farm expense on my taxes:confused:

4punksdad

#26 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Jaybr
Looks nice, is it for sale?

Honestly, I'd have to figure out some way to justify it.  I could rent one every weekend for the next few years for what a new one would cost me.

Guess I could write it off as a farm expense on my taxes:confused:

one weekend of rental pays the payment for the month...........the next 3 weekends are free. Look at it that way and sign the papers biggrin.gif

thank me later.

Jaybr

#27 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by 4punksdad
one weekend of rental pays the payment for the month...........the next 3 weekends are free. Look at it that way and sign the papers biggrin.gif

thank me later.

ahhh, but I hate payments.

I'm seriously considering upgrading the tractor to about a 40hp model with hydrostatic tranny though. I could use that for everything and it would be much faster moving the dirt than the one I have now.

BTW: We're riding again this Sunday if anyone wants to join in.

atvrulz

#28 Post by atvrulz »

Where you able to build your entire track with that bobcat? How about the whoops? I am renting a bobcat about that size with tracks on it for a weekend. I am planning on getting the dirt for the track by just digging holes next to the proposed jumps. Is a bobcat about that size good for digging?
thanks

4punksdad

#29 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by atvrulz
Where you able to build your entire track with that bobcat?  How about the whoops?  I am renting a bobcat about that size with tracks on it for a weekend.  I am planning on getting the dirt for the track by just digging holes next to the proposed jumps.  Is a bobcat about that size good for digging?
thanks

digging holes next to the jumps is a bad idea unless you like to have several water holes around the track. I would suggest taking dirt from the highest point on your land and using it for jumps.

a bobcat with tracks will dig 2 times what a machine with tires can accomplish. If you have soft ground it helps. Rocky stuff is hard on a small machine.

Jaybr

#30 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by atvrulz
Where you able to build your entire track with that bobcat?  How about the whoops?  I am renting a bobcat about that size with tracks on it for a weekend.  I am planning on getting the dirt for the track by just digging holes next to the proposed jumps.  Is a bobcat about that size good for digging?
thanks

4punks is the expert, take his advice.

To answer your question, I had a huge track loader that built most of the jumps, we added a double, tabletop, and whoops this weekend with the bobcats, I rented 2. The dirt I'm using is already in big piles grown over with briars, so we didn't have to dig.

I cut the track out with my tractor.

You'll be able to build jumps with the bobcat, but in one weekend I wouldn't plan on more than 1 or 2, especially if you have to dig up the dirt.

I've got many hours in the track, alot more than 1 weekend.